• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    A buddy gave me a copy of "Quickload" and am wondering if anyone has used it?

And if so, thoughts or comments.

Thanks in advance.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I have not used it but, a buddy of mine did when he developed loads for the 6mm HAGAR cartridge he designed. The loads came out almost spot on with the worst being only a couple tenth's of a grain off.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    I havent used it but have read about it. There is a lot of data that has to be entered for it to be accurate. If done properly, it seems to work well. I'd buy it if they had a Mac version.

Ken:)

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I havent used it but have read about it. There is a lot of data that has to be entered for it to be accurate. If done properly, it seems to work well. I'd buy it if they had a Mac version.

Ken:)

I have it installed on my MacBook Pro. I'm running a virtual Windows 7 via VMware Fusion.

It definitely has a lot of information available once you enter a few basic entries.

Bullet weight
    Bullet diameter
    seating depth
    Cartridge length
    Overall length
    Which powder

Once you enter these items it will give you the pressure and fps. I don't have a crono yet so I cant speak to the accuracy.

It will tell you if your load data is dangerous.

And it will tell you what your power factor is.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Which powder

Once you enter these items it will give you the pressure and fps. I don't have a crono yet so I cant speak to the accuracy.

It will tell you if your load data is dangerous.

And it will tell you what your power factor is.

It is very good at predicting velocity for set loads/bullets.

Yes it will tell you a number of even factory/book loads are dangerous (over pressure) I talked to the developer and he assured me that was a result of CYA (cover your ass) and that these loads are safe.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Would you happen to have the developers contact information? I would like to ask him a few questions.

Thanks in advance

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    I've been using it for several months. I've learned a lot already - wish I had bought it sooner. Like everything reloading, check it against manufacturer data. Problem is that the reloading manuals don't offer a lot of data. QL is the only tool I've found that fills in all the information the manufacturers don't supply and helps extrapolate between manufacturers data points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom