• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    Well i finally got my MD carry permit. Yes I have a business. It is not as restricted as I thought. As long as I am carrying cash for the buisness I'm covered. Which is pretty much most of the time.
    Also, picked up a new Taurus 1911. Good day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tangent4ronpaul

Mar 1, 2008
    what kind of business - how much cash? - I'm guessing farmers market doesn't cut it.

hmm, now big rolls... - crack dealer or "second hand" street corner Rolexes... ;)

Could always impress the judge like some so - wad of ones, with a couple of 20's or if your lucky a Ben Franklin on the outside. Don't forget the fake pager shell and artificial heavy "gold" plated necklace. ;)

But seriously - I thought they never granted those things unless you were carrying some serious moola - like between your diamond exchange and the bank once a day... and then only for that brief trip.

Are you O'mallies cousin or something?

-n

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    what kind of business - how much cash? - I'm guessing farmers market doesn't cut it.

hmm, now big rolls... - crack dealer or "second hand" street corner Rolexes... ;)

Could always impress the judge like some so - wad of ones, with a couple of 20's or if your lucky a Ben Franklin on the outside. Don't forget the fake pager shell and artificial heavy "gold" plated necklace. ;)

But seriously - I thought they never granted those things unless you were carrying some serious moola - like between your diamond exchange and the bank once a day... and then only for that brief trip.

Are you O'mallies cousin or something?

-n

Just a small business, but most of my deposits are late at night. They want 4 or 6 deposit slips copy of business lic. a letter from my bank saying I make cash deposits and three refferences. OH YEAH my left n-t.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Extremely good, but sad, point.:envy:

Same point made in the DC v. Heller case really. The security gaurd's life was not worth protecting at home, but he sure as hell is armed when protecting the lives of the same guys that make sure he can't legally own a handgun.

Here's hoping SCOTUS smacks that ban down and at least gives some precident for others to follow. If it goes the other way... well I think a lot of guns are going to be lost in boating accidents.

Congrats on the carry permit though. Glad to hear someone can get one here.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    You know i have never realy thought of the laws and the ccw or DC's situations like this. Thats insane when put in that perspective.:sign03:

Unfortunately neither do many other honest, law-abiding citizens of our state and country. Once they do it tends to boil their blood a little. Regardless of political affiliation you usually get "Wow, that doesn't make any sense!"

It's reasons like that that make it important to get the word out. People as a whole, even the liberals, realize the indiocy of these laws once it's laid out in simple terms. Taking away the right to carry basically says the lawmakers are more than happy to keep LAW ABIDING people in the victim role. Unless you happen to be protecting THEM or protecting MONEY. Otherwise your life and the lives of your family are not worth protecting in our "Free State".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom