Attachments

• 21347EF0-3E2B-4C3B-9654-2BD5402ACD50.jpg
      21347EF0-3E2B-4C3B-9654-2BD5402ACD50.jpg
      68.3 KB · Views: 370

Conaso

May 17, 2014
    Alexandria, VA
    HB 961 Comatose

I would like to thank fellow Virginians AND out-of-state patriots that stood in my behalf in Richmond. Trust me, it was a "SHOUT heard round the world."

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    USA TODAY just out 15 minutes ago with the national story about the defeat of this bill, including a video of the Gun Rights Rally/VCDL Lobby Day in Richmond.

The “WE WILL NOT COMPLY” banner visible in the video was raised over our PATRIOT PICKET rally “stage” at the SW corner of the Capitol Grounds.

Click here to watch the video:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4784228002?__twitter_impression=true

Attachments

• 4107F1FF-3AC2-4F7A-9817-6EDABCC70D90.jpg
      4107F1FF-3AC2-4F7A-9817-6EDABCC70D90.jpg
      93.3 KB · Views: 335
    • FC6E8DAA-DE4D-4EF5-87F3-1E9AC348D9CE.jpg
      FC6E8DAA-DE4D-4EF5-87F3-1E9AC348D9CE.jpg
      166.4 KB · Views: 338

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I love WINNING!

this isn't a win. it's a stay of execution.

probably so that they can:
    consolidate power, get more leftist into the judiciary committee, pass other laws to prevent an uprising, reword the bill to make it less contestable in court, wait until the next mass shooting to garner more public support, wait until the NRA is even more defunded than it already is, or any combination of the above.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    @DelgateMark, as he calls himself on Twitter is Mark Levine of VA district 45, the encyclopedia of gun knowledge who told us that magazines get red hot when fired, hunters hate AR-15's, and that birdshot is deadlier than a 5.56 round, among many many other idiotic things!

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=241639

This morning during the hearing Levine asserted that he wanted to ban shotguns with magazines that “hold more than seven bullets.”

Levine and the anti-American DemocRats always consult the “Journalist’s Guide to Firearm Identification” before proposing anti-gun owner bills:

Attachments

• 8CDB84EF-5AE0-407C-AE51-18FDAC1A1461.jpeg
      8CDB84EF-5AE0-407C-AE51-18FDAC1A1461.jpeg
      72.1 KB · Views: 315

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    This morning during the hearing Levine asserted that he wanted to ban shotguns with magazines that “hold more than seven bullets.”

But ...I don't...I mean how ...

He is literally describing 3 different guns as though they are 1 thing

Excuse me I need to go invent a shotgun that takes 8 round bullet mags. Anyone have a 3D printed I can borrow when I'm done?

I have no idea what will happen when we fire this thing....it's going to be epic

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Basically the dems on the committee voted to keep virginians from dragging them in to the street and going old-school american on them. SB70, SB69, SB35, & SB240 sailed on by. This session was NOT a win for the pro 2a side. It was not as bad of a loss as it could have been.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    I would like to thank fellow Virginians AND out-of-state patriots that stood in my behalf in Richmond. Trust me, it was a "SHOUT heard round the world."

From now on, I will refer to all armed Patriots opposing this tyranny as the “Madison militia.”

http://www.madisonbrigade.com/library_jm.htm

"The Constitution preserves "the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison of Virginia, The Federalist, No. 46)

"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country...." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed ― unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (The Federalist, No. 46 at 243- 244)

Attachments

• FD6D5881-408E-4CE3-AD0B-C8927994DC71.jpeg
      FD6D5881-408E-4CE3-AD0B-C8927994DC71.jpeg
      86.7 KB · Views: 356
    • 8005DCFA-BB43-46FA-9A17-9A48C7BC0D1E.jpg
      8005DCFA-BB43-46FA-9A17-9A48C7BC0D1E.jpg
      131.1 KB · Views: 353

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Do not stand down, Virginians

This is a temporary win

They will bring this up against next year when they hope there won't be as much heat on him. This is a tactical retreat on their part, not a surrender

Agreed although I don't see it as a true win really. It was proposed and not dismissed immediately. It passed the house and it went to senate committee. They also continued it for consideration next year not outright killing it. Also a "reg flag" confiscation scheme ripe for abuse is still in play.

This garbage should not be threatening civil rights. Its time to play the long game and get out the vote. Hopefully people not deeply involved and on the fringes will not get complacent.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    They said the bill was turned over to the Va crime Commission? Is there anything they can do with it until it goes back to the Senate next year? Can they water it down enough to pass?

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Attachments

• 49C8410A-DA47-4056-A8E4-72EEB09B6DD3.jpg
      49C8410A-DA47-4056-A8E4-72EEB09B6DD3.jpg
      78.8 KB · Views: 318

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Agreed although I don't see it as a true win really. It was proposed and not dismissed immediately. It passed the house and it went to senate committee. They also continued it for consideration next year not outright killing it. Also a "reg flag" confiscation scheme ripe for abuse is still in play.

This garbage should not be threatening civil rights. Its time to play the long game and get out the vote. Hopefully people not deeply involved and on the fringes will not get complacent.

This is definitely not over, it will come back, and we will fight and win again. The outcome could have been the POS passes and we begin the court battle now. Just like deferring taxes a legal cost deferred is preferable. Red flag is our next battle this session. And I fully agree getting the vote out is critical, especially before the number of liberals out number the conservatives... However, I am enjoying this skirmish victory. fred55

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Congrats I guess?

I think realistically in modern time they don't have enough time to debate the whole package at once with all the issues that come about and deal with everything else they do in a legislative session.

They'll just roll Maryland style and split up everything into separate bills for the next ____ years.

Maybe if enough Democrats get voted out you won't have to worry about coming back for the Virginia Handgun Qualification license, the 20 round mag limit followed by 10 a few years later, Evil black rifle ban with 2 features than 1, than 0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom