• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Always have edc and feel compelled to draw, fire, go thru drills. Since april when i bought wife a sig 365 and she put her g43 in the safe, My gun has been her g43. Occasionally i will take a former edc, a g33 or shield 45 thinking i might go back to one. Along with one of Those i might take a sw 625, or a colt saa just for the fun of shhoting, or a les baer monolith. If you havent shoot a tight 1911 with a good trigger, you are missing something. And the 625 is like a pop gun. Great double action and just enuf recoil. Havent shot a rifle in a yr. last was either a garand or a vz 58. Both lots of fun.

Scott P

Funny...like a clown
    Jan 29, 2013
    St. Mary's
    The wagon, heavy-assed bench rest+sand bags, targets, spotting scope tripod, etc. stay in the trunk of my Saab with a ton of room to spare for everyday non-shooting usage- the only things that goes back in the house are the guns and range bag with ammo, spotting scope, and miscellaneous paraphernalia.

It took me awhile to figure this out..............now I just need to grab the rifle(s) and ammoes.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    It can be tough.

For me the most fun gun to shoot is the one I'm best with. I mean it's like hitting homers on fastballs at the batting cage instead of trying to learn how to hit curveballs. You just enjoy it more when you're good.

But it's better practice to take the guns I'm not as good with. There is more to learn and more room to improve. So those are the ones I should be taking.

Sometimes it's harder to leave the ones you don't need the practice with at home though.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Some of us have a lot of stuff going on in our day to day lives...

Some of us have to limit our time at the range & have limited time to clean our guns in the days following our range trip...

So like every other activity in my life, it's about time management & cost control...

I take just 1 gun for each range trip plus 2 boxes of ammo...

You might want to bring a second gun just in case something happens to Gun #1...

I typically spend 1 - 1.5 hours shooting...

Hoons

May 15, 2019
    I usually take 1-2 pistols and a long gun, ammo, targets, and safety gear. Try to keep it minimal as possiible

Cobol2Java

Feb 10, 2020
    Lothian
    Two rifle cases, one 4 gun pistol case, and accessories (ammo, eyes, ears, targets...)

That is what I can carry in two trips to the car and that always seems to be enough.

Unless I am bringing new shooters, in which case they can carry what they want to shoot.
    I bring my granddaughter. She helps carry the targets and range bag. ;-)

Oh, and she's getting skilled at shooting herself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom