• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    So now I am going to build [ assemble ] a tack driving 10/22.
    I know everyone here already has at least one. I don't. After breaking in my AR builds and my sons brand new AR last friday we spent the next couple hours shooting our .22s. I have my old Rem bolt that was my grandfathers and I did buy him a 10/22 when he graduated H.S. He put an Archangel stock and a nice scope on his and it looks like fun. My Rem is a fantastic shooter with a Nikon scope on it , but I want a semi that I can customize. What can I say.

SO show us your " 10/22 " pea shooters

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Here's mine a Volquartsen Deluxe, only thing left Ruger is the magazine.

Attachments

• IMG_1332.jpg
      IMG_1332.jpg
      42.2 KB · Views: 392

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My cousin's 10-22 he bought from a coworker about a year ago

Attachments

• JRB 10-22.jpg
      JRB 10-22.jpg
      92.3 KB · Views: 367

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I just ordered the Archangel Deluxe Target stock and a bi-pod from Amazon. It looks like a very good platform to start with.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    How much does that thing weigh?

As for me, I kept my 10/22 stock, with a red-dot sight on it for squirrels.

Its all very light weight ... probably 2 pounds more than a stock 10-22.

I only shot it one afternoon about a year ago, about a dozen shots at 75 meters ... even being new to the gun and scope, was able to keep all shots inside 2", might have been 1½"

Coretac

Do NOT care what u think
    May 30, 2013
    That is what I have , the ruger with the lasermax on the front stock with a small cheap scope. Nice little gun to play with.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I am sure .22 ammo is going to start showing up more soon. It's great cause you can shoot all day and not spend much.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    I'll post a pic at some point. The investment in Volquartsen internals, improving the buffer tube, etc., make the rifle a lot more fun to shoot. I had poor luck with aftermarket magazines of every kind, but the factory 10-round rotary and BX-25 magazines work like a charm. My favorite rig is putting it in an M1 carbine stock and using that platform's iron sights.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I just checked out the Volquartsen site. Holy moly. You could really rack up quite a Tab.Their stocks are very pricey. Nice.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Best bang for the buck for a nice trigger system, is to use the Volks. hammer kit w springs and polish all the internals will get you a 2 3/4 pound pull, and using a trigger with an over travel screw helps tune it very nicely. Midway usually has the trigger/hammer kits for $35 on sale, and Heier's (www.customruger1022.com) sells a over travel trigger for only $12. Less than $50!!

Pay2Play

Jul 3, 2008
    Gambrills
    I just ordered the Archangel Deluxe Target stock and a bi-pod from Amazon. It looks like a very good platform to start with.

Here's my 10/22 with the Archangel stock, bipod and Simmons scope. I just need to stop dragging my feet and get a heavy barrel.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    Here's my 10/22 with the Archangel stock, bipod and Simmons scope. I just need to stop dragging my feet and get a heavy barrel.

Cool thats the stock and the bi-pod I ordered. Well not really the same Bi-pod but close. I went to Dicks in Salisbury and picked up a 10/22 for $249.00 today .
    Gander MTN said they had one with a wooden stock for $370.00 ? May be it had a target bull barrel on it cause thats HIGH. I should have asked cause I am just going to put one on it anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom