Are there any Public Ranges with pop up targets in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Are there any ranges in the area that have either pop up targets or moving target. Specifically a rifle range with pop ups starting at 50 meters and as far as 300 meters.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I'm assuming that the range at Ft. Meade is only for active duty personnel. If it is closed to the public, would it even be feasible to try and "rent" the range for a day.

I think it would be a great time if the members of MDS were able to rent the range for a day. It would give people a chance to put a face with someone's screen name.

Better yet, we could have a "Range Day" to promote the sport and to raise money to donate to several charities that most members of MDS support. A few examples are:

1. MSI
    2. SAF
    3. Wounded warriors

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Freestate has target hangers that you can program to rotate and I think you can program scenario's into them too. Not popup, but sort of the same idea.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I don't know if civilians can shoot popups. They already have a club that has made arrangements, and it's very inexpensive; but they don't shoot often, and it's highly controlled access.

Let us know what you find out (I'm not a member, but interested): http://www.fmrgc.20m.com/

A MDS outing there would be great; could you post detailed plan, pick a day and advertise?

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Freestate has target hangers that you can program to rotate and I think you can program scenario's into them too. Not popup, but sort of the same idea.

I've been to FreeState and their facilities are head and shoulders above any other indoor range around here,(my opinion) but an actual 300+ meter pop up range is a different animal.

A few very basic differences would be:
    1. Wind (direction and speed)
    2. light,glare,shadows
    3. shooters ability to scan their field of fire, acquire targets, and engage targets at multiple distances and locations

What do you guys think

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Unless APG has a 300M RETS range, you probably will not find one in MD. If Meade has one, I would be surprised (They might be using the mobile version, wireless box with pop-up attached) as they are VERY expensive.
    Might be cheaper to recruit some NEPUT's from the Infantry:D

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    not popups, but peacemaker range outside of martinsburg has a public range (think it's $10/day) that has target stands at 100 and steel at 250. most of their range is private though.

www.340defense.com range near charles town (so SW of Frederick) has a ton of steel that you can shoot on their 50, 100 and 400 yard bays. some are self-resetting and they have one that swings away from you when hit. they have a plate rack on their short (15yd) pistol bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom