• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just get a 11.5" 5.56 upper and set the 300blk off to the side. The price will increase as we get closer to nov 2020. If you want to sell...do it then when the inevitable panic-buy kicks off hard.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    How do you like the bolt action .300 suppressed? Is it pretty damn quiet compared to a semi? I'm actually very interested in that setup, even if I sell my .300blk AR.

Suppressed 300blk in a bolt or break action is where it really starts to get quiet. I load subs with a pistol powder since there is no action or gas system to operate and it's even quieter that way. People have accused it of being an air rifle at the range. I used to have a 8.5" 300blk upper and it got sold after the break action came to town. I have a 16" upper that's never been used and doubt that'll change any time soon.

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    Subsonics would definitely be the point. With no action noise it should be quiet as hell. But can use supers for game easily.

How do you like the bolt action .300 suppressed? Is it pretty damn quiet compared to a semi? I'm actually very interested in that setup, even if I sell my .300blk AR.

I have been hunting with suppressed supersonics with 110gr V-Max or 125gr SST bullets. I cant really tell the difference bolt vs semi with the supersonics. You can definitely hear the action noise with 220gr subsonics. When I hunt from the top of a hill into a valley the deer dont really run and I am able to harvest as many as I feel like dealing with that day. My neighbor in a stand 250m away said it sounds like a 22lr. I like the bolt action american because it is so cheap, I dont feel bad sitting out in the rain with it uncovered and just wipe it down with oil when I get home. The only real difference I have noticed vs .308 is less dead right there deer, but nothing has ran more than 30m or so for me so far.

ruger_american.jpg

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Suppressed 300blk in a bolt or break action is where it really starts to get quiet. I load subs with a pistol powder since there is no action or gas system to operate and it's even quieter that way. People have accused it of being an air rifle at the range. I used to have a 8.5" 300blk upper and it got sold after the break action came to town. I have a 16" upper that's never been used and doubt that'll change any time soon.

I really like that idea actually.

Sub bullets suck for serious stopping power. They are just an ice pick. Some expand but so what, a 195 at 1050 fps. Why not shoot a 110 at 2300 fps. I think a 9mm at 1000 fps is better, as those bullets are designed to expand.

It's a cool round, but subs and supers dont share the same zero. I wouldn't sell it but if a guy dont have one, it's not the end of the world.

The zero issues isnt bad. Just need to hold high with subs. I totally agree about the terminal ballistics though. I would rather have 9mm.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just get a 11.5" 5.56 upper and set the 300blk off to the side. The price will increase as we get closer to nov 2020. If you want to sell...do it then when the inevitable panic-buy kicks off hard.

Something to consider dealing with my post here about the value going up on that 300blk upper...I've been tracking PSA uppers for a while now and basically bouncing back and forth between adult responsibilities and a 10.5" 300blk upper. They've been fairly plentiful, up even until yesterday. They're all sold out now. All the 300blk uppers. I know you remember what happened to the value of plain ARs in the leadup and following the 2008 election. The run-up to nov 2020 combined with the 'rona is probably going to make that upper much more valuable if you wait. Pickup the 5.56 now an wait to sell off the .300.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Something to consider dealing with my post here about the value going up on that 300blk upper...I've been tracking PSA uppers for a while now and basically bouncing back and forth between adult responsibilities and a 10.5" 300blk upper. They've been fairly plentiful, up even until yesterday. They're all sold out now. All the 300blk uppers. I know you remember what happened to the value of plain ARs in the leadup and following the 2008 election. The run-up to nov 2020 combined with the 'rona is probably going to make that upper much more valuable if you wait. Pickup the 5.56 now an wait to sell off the .300.

I'll sell ya mine. $6,000. Get eh before they're BANNED

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom