• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I used the opportunity to explain to both anti’s who called me to explain it was good thing HB4 wasn’t passed this week (at length) and then said if they bought ammo I’d take them, train them and loan them a shotgun. You kmow the rest of the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Gun Control proponents are now trying to buy Guns & ammo anticipating "The Sh* Hitting the Fan"

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    We live in MoCo... and every time my wife says "we don't have enough X or Y!" I calmly explain to her that we are armed, and thus we can get whatever item we want when the SHTF for real.

As it is, we're OK for a while.

Coincidentally, at least 2 left-leaners approached me recently with questions about getting a firearm. One was scheduled to take his HQL before this virus stuff hit, the other I laughed at and told him to Google it and let me know if he still had questions, but it ain't cheap, fast, or easy. The second guy never brought it up again. He loves Commifornia and is completely anti-gun, but was feeling less than safe in his home. The first has an open mind and if I can help him I will.

-John

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I was in Southern Maryland shooting at Flat Broke Shooters. I had to wait in line for an extended period of time because the woman behind the counter was explaining the process to buy a firearm to a middle aged couple. They wanted to take the HQL class now and wondered if they taught it there. I missed most of the conversation, but they did appear a bit worried.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Potential allies? Really?

These are the same assholes who are actively attempting to legislate your way of life out of existence, using force of law, in favor of their utopian fantasy. And now that they've encountered the honeybadger of the viral world, they're all "OMG I have to protect my fams!"

Fvck them, and the unicorn they rode in on.

I have read every post in this thread and have not laughed this hard in a while! I have to say that this is a good opportunity to flip some people like pancakes. I have to agree with MigraineMan when it comes to hard/far left acquaintances..... this quote is beautiful. I'm stealing that unicorn line.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What say I? Don't tell her there's 10 in the safe in case she needs one...that would be illegal...

I find times like this are the best time to admit to your spouse you own more guns than she thinks you own.

They get grandfathered in to recognition through the “guns aren’t so stupid when you are scared” clause. My wife might know about a couple more handguns I own now. Still doesn’t know about EVERYTHING. I mean, Jesus, I don’t want to end up being locked in my gun safe.

Silver linings.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    perhaps they will fight against stupid laws in the future after realizing that ultimately they are responsible for their own safety.

Most wont. But I still take it as an opportunity to educate. Either get them to realize it is NOT easy to buy a handgun in this state. Or heck, in general a gun. Or at least no where near as easy as they picture it in their mind.

The others might realize guns aren’t so stupid after all. Sure that might be the 1 in 10. But that’s still something.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Most wont. But I still take it as an opportunity to educate. Either get them to realize it is NOT easy to buy a handgun in this state. Or heck, in general a gun. Or at least no where near as easy as they picture it in their mind.

The others might realize guns aren’t so stupid after all. Sure that might be the 1 in 10. But that’s still something.

Given how illogical the Left's "platform" is, I seriously doubt that even if you converted 1 of 10 Dems to our side on 2A, they'd vote for 2A in the future if it meant voting against a D on the ticket.

I mean really, do you want someone who believes the crap the Dems spew to have a gun?

-John

DirtyHarry45

Jun 8, 2013
    I find times like this are the best time to admit to your spouse you own more guns than she thinks you own.

They get grandfathered in to recognition through the “guns aren’t so stupid when you are scared” clause. My wife might know about a couple more handguns I own now. Still doesn’t know about EVERYTHING. I mean, Jesus, I don’t want to end up being locked in my gun safe.

Silver linings.

This

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ

Silver linings.

My wife has never been comfortable around guns though she doesn't mind me having them. Some years ago the KKK announced they were going to have a rally close by plus a counter rally was announced. When my wife outside and heard some commotion echoing through the woods she came in and asked "Do you have a gun handy if you need it?"

I guess it's like the old saying "There are no atheists in a foxhole."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom