• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    People who vote (D) are no different than people who vote (R). They think they are voting for the lesser of two evils. They aren't going to suddenly insist on politicians that observe the Constitution and basic civil rights. Look no further than the members here who voted for Hogan.

Pretty sure I still prefer Hogan over Jealous. That's the dumbest thought pattern I have seen. No one else could have come close. It was one or the other.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Attachments

• FB8336DD-82E0-4E07-A22C-EB3EA879A315.jpg
      FB8336DD-82E0-4E07-A22C-EB3EA879A315.jpg
      70.7 KB · Views: 708
    • E6FD6B77-D003-4923-BE68-6971B48A9322.jpg
      E6FD6B77-D003-4923-BE68-6971B48A9322.jpg
      72.6 KB · Views: 705

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Point them to the muzzleloading rack and specifically the flintlocks because of course the second amendment only applies to those.

For the win!

Attachments

• 3t5zwk.jpg
      3t5zwk.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 690

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Attachments

• D2D364C2-FBB6-4812-B61D-26F319D5DAE5.jpg
      D2D364C2-FBB6-4812-B61D-26F319D5DAE5.jpg
      46.8 KB · Views: 653

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    :lol:

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

It’s only a slight and brief warning of my heart.

I’ve had two people I know run in to that who are not gun people. One went to a gun store and found out the bad news. The other one asked me how they’d go about buying a handgun and I broke the bad news to them if the 3-4 weeks it was likely to take them (or longer) as someone who doesn’t already have an HQL.

Hell, I bought a handgun last Saturday and I am still anxiously awaiting Saturday for pickup. And it’s not nearly close to my first handgun. It was an impulse buy, not a panic buy. But of course still worried MSP is suddenly going to stop processing 77r forms. Or Hogan is going to lock the state down and FFLs aren’t going to be covered under any exemptions to travel out of the house bans. Etc.

But I’ve got a safe full of other things if I felt scared.

I advised them to get a shotgun. Or if they were all out of those a crossbow. Or maybe hopes and prayers would be effective.

Anyway, I am tired of my rights being infringed and the hassles, extra cost and extra work as well as perfectly innocent guns I am not allowed to buy because they are too scary, inability to carry a concealed firearm to protect myself or my wife (oh man, even if they do score a gun, they’ll find out the hard way if they think they can tuck one in their belt and cover it with their shirt to go to the store if they are worried for their safety. Not in papas communist state). So it only brings me some brief joy and most because I hope it changes their mind and the next time some new infringement comes up they actually tell their representative “no”.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    You see... the thing about being prepared... is that you can't really do it AFTER the event.

I have no sympathy, especially for those who have stood in the way liberty. Firearms SHOULD be as easy to buy as a bag of carrots, but they aren't... and who's fault is that?

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    My point of view is that these "no guns for you" people that are panic buying are going to be the worst thing to happen to the 2A.

They are not going to follow any kind of safety rules, because they don't know them, and are most likely too arrogant or self important to want to learn them. As a result, in the future we will see an increase in accidental discharge injuries and deaths due to improper storage practices and curious uneducated children. (This is seriously my biggest concern)

We will also see suicides with firearm increase because what we have deemed as people with mental disorders now owning firearms will likely eat a bullet at the sign of what appears in their panicked eyes as "the end".

Once all this takes place and a "new normal" is resumed, they will use the deaths and suicides numbers exactly the way they use them against us now.

Is this an extreme generalization? Maybe. Maybe not.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Tell them to get a 40 cal. That way it will be easier to identify them at the range :)

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Take this as a good opportunity to actually try to put on your smiley face and change some hearts and minds.

I realize that there is temptation to stick it to people, but this is not a useful instinct long term. Its counterproductive.

Take the opportunity to walk them through the paperwork, help them as much as possible, then help them get an MSI membership. Help them understand that Moms are only Demanding more counterproductive paperwork that criminals are not following. A lot of people I know have turned into full blown preppers at this point. Take full advantage to persuade people and resist your normal instincts.

The Baltimore riots didn’t change their views or voting so I don’t think that this pandemic will either. We’ve had to suffer through their bs because it didn’t affect them, so they can suffer through this that don’t affect us. I know a few anti gun people who bought guns during the Baltimore riots and as soon as life went back to normal, they sold em and went right back to being gun haters.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    +4 - most people are oblivious of the extreme firearm restrictions currently in place much less the latest legislation that is being considered. The specific topic of firearms may also open their eyes to the underhanded ideology of the majority elected officials here in Maryland. I only hope that they remember this at elections.

I disagree about them being oblivious...they just refuse to accept the facts and truth even though it’s been put out there.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    The Baltimore riots didn’t change their views or voting so I don’t think that this pandemic will either. We’ve had to suffer through their bs because it didn’t affect them, so they can suffer through this that don’t affect us. I know a few anti gun people who bought guns during the Baltimore riots and as soon as life went back to normal, they sold em and went right back to being gun haters.

I had a friend that was frightened like hell during the riots and I was offering them my basement to stay in until things calmed down. 3 days later she was marching with all the other mongoloids in Baltimore in that Freddie Gray demonstration. I told my wife the offer was rescinded for life. You just can't help stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom