Carroll County
    Last edited:

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Signed up!

Dave,

You signed up before I ever even sent an email or posted anything here. How did you know registration was open? Is there some sort of notification system in Practiscore that I don't know about. If so, I would like to take advantage of it for some other venues that I frequent.

Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    Dave,

You signed up before I ever even sent an email or posted anything here. How did you know registration was open? Is there some sort of notification system in Practiscore that I don't know about. If so, I would like to take advantage of it for some other venues that I frequent.

I saw that someone ( Art maybe? ) had posted about when the date of the event was for someone interested. I glanced at Practiscore and the registration link said 8 Mins till it opens so i just waited it out:party29:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    My increasing headache strongly suggests the weather is going to do something today, although I'm sure we'd have all felt better about no match if we had woken up to precipitation :tap: Oh well...it is what it is. :shrug:

Practiscore...Ok, I'm not trying to be maliciously critical...you get what you pay for, and I certainly couldn't create anything better...however...I certainly wouldn't trust them with my credit card information:innocent0

I've been trying to get a friend/acquaintance of mine (who I only very recently learned was into guns :wtf: ) to try Steel Challenge. Honestly, he lives a bit far for AGC, so I was pushing Delta for him. I sent a link to Practiscore, and when he clicked on in from his computer 30 miles away, it was logged in as me :eek: I certainly trust him to log out and create his own account...but that's pretty not cool that it could happen like that. :mad54:

I am by no means computer savvy, but I've been able to "hack" into matches (not AGC ones, yet) that I didn't have a link to by changing the month in the address from a previous iteration of the match.

Delta Steel fills up very quickly...in fact, the desirable squads often fill the day it opens. I'm sure there are folks camped out watching the match description (like Dave did here) at 11:59pm the day before it opens.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I sent a link to Practiscore, and when he clicked on in from his computer 30 miles away, it was logged in as me :eek:

Double check the link you sent him. My guess is that you sent him your personal management page and that he wasn't actually logged in as you. It works this way because you do not actually have to create a Practiscore account to register for an event on Practiscore.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Double check the link you sent him. My guess is that you sent him your personal management page and that he wasn't actually logged in as you. It works this way because you do not actually have to create a Practiscore account to register for an event on Practiscore.

It's possible...I've sent him a few links to different events, but I thought sure I always just copied the address from the general description of the event. :shrug: I'll try to talk to him later and see what exactly it was.

I was not aware that you could register without an account...that seems kinda weird.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I signed up to shoot production pistol, thus guaranteeing a hurricane strength thundersnow ice squall, with occasional arctic sharknados. Then I signed up to shoot PCC, adding the prospect of a rare central Maryland earthquake, causing a volcanic ice-mud-slide.

Come on, everybody! It'll be fun.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I signed up to shoot production pistol, thus guaranteeing a hurricane strength thundersnow ice squall, with occasional arctic sharknados. Then I signed up to shoot PCC, adding the prospect of a rare central Maryland earthquake, causing a volcanic ice-mud-slide.

Come on, everybody! It'll be fun.

I dont think they would cancel for sharknados. Just bring extra shotgun shells.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    It's possible...I've sent him a few links to different events, but I thought sure I always just copied the address from the general description of the event. :shrug: I'll try to talk to him later and see what exactly it was.

I was not aware that you could register without an account...that seems kinda weird.

All you need is a name and an email address to register

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I dont think they would cancel for sharknados. Just bring extra shotgun shells.

We only cancel because of slippery conditions and/or lots of mud. It is a shame we cancelled IDPA today. I was just up at the AGC dropping off some steel targets that we sell and the bays were solid (probably frozen on the surface). I am sure they will get mushy once it warms up.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    We only cancel because of slippery conditions and/or lots of mud. It is a shame we cancelled IDPA today. I was just up at the AGC dropping off some steel targets that we sell and the bays were solid (probably frozen on the surface). I am sure they will get mushy once it warms up.

It is what it is man. Forecasting weather in the mid-Atlantic has been a crap shoot with all the different terrain, microclimates and the Bay's warming affect.

It started out 5-8" of snow last weekend, then 1-3" two nights ago, then "and inch or two" at 4am this morning. I've got nothing but a skating rink outside right now. And it's supposed to be the warmest today at midnight. F*&^ing Maryland...

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Dave,

I was a little hesitant to share the "secret" to beating the email link to sign up on practiscore...:tap: it better not fill up before I get in, after spilling the beans: :o
    Maybe you already knew about this anyway, but the way I found to get into matches as soon as they open (which is indeed sometimes before links get sent) is by following the clubs. Find the club you want and click "follow." From your dashboard, click the "clubs I follow" and you should see them listed. Clicking on the club will show upcoming events that have been created, even if they aren't open yet. Then you can just watch and wait. Not all clubs do this. Delta is a great example of one that does. Their Steel Challenge is set for the whole year. Registration always opens 2 weeks before the match. Folks that are particular about their squads don't wait for any links to be made available, they start watching that particular match at 11:59 pm 2 weeks and 1 minute before it starts, then pounce on registration.

practiscore delta.jpg
    On the left, you can see all of the Delta Steel matches. The first one is open (well...it's full, but "open" as in active). All of the rest can be clicked on, but not joined until they open...they tell you when they open.

AGC doesn't have the whole year up yet (which I understand), however I'm sure the match is created in practiscore a good bit before registration opens. That's when I can see it (because I follow AGC) as being "closed," but there. I can't get in until it opens, but I can sit and watch for the instant it does (regardless of when links get sent).

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I would add that once you're following a club, you can go to your profile and hit "find events", and you will see every event for the clubs you're following. My only real beef is that there's no date of the week shown anywhere, so I have to do a little calendar comparison to figure out what's Saturday vs Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom