• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G

George

I would file a law suit. That is absolute craziness right there.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I would file a law suit. That is absolute craziness right there.

***OMG. That process in NY is absolutely crazy. How terribly disingenuous of the Eric Holder and other liberals in general to be against showing ID to show you are who you say you are before you can vote in an election.

The situation in NY is truly repulsive and I HOPE that crap never comes here to MD. One would think the Heller decision would have somewhat settled this issue.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    NY is bad and Maryland is on the verge of coming up with similar requirements to get a "handgun qualification license." Pending MD SB 0281 outlines those requirements, and it will also take months for Maryland State Police to set up the whole program and, I think, a year before they are ready to approve applications. Right now they are running significantly behind processing routine security checks and will be bogged down if we ever get CCW shall issue approved.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    5-6 months is not uncommon anywhere in New Jersey and it's been that way for many years. And they have the same basic "permit to purchase" system that O'Malley wants to shove down our throats.

Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    This is exactly why there is such a black market in NY for guns. The NY politicians like to point at loop holes and straw purchases then cast stones at the states up and down the east coast for firearms that make their way into the city. But in truth, the problem with illegally purchased firearms NY is facing is a fruit of their own sewing.

Recoil45

Jul 29, 2011
    NY
    We are running 12-18 months in Nassau County, NY right now. Keep in mind this is for a license that covers possession only, not CCW. State law says 6 months and a lawsuit is in progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom