• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I had a friend in PA order a few along with some after market Baretta 92 mags for my CX4. I will get them next week to try. I've got about 1000 rounds from 6 or 7 manufactures to test along with 3 different hand loads..It's going to be a fun day

That’s my rub. What do I try for larger mags since it is so hard to acquire them outside MD, plus the cost of testing.

I’ve got a couple of KCI happy sticks that seem to run fine. I am thinking I will get more. That said, I’d like to try to get some 21 and/or 27 also magpuls.

Something I am curious about is, I am guessing cost and/or reliability, why no triple or quad stack Glock mags? (Yes I know only the portion below the magwell could be triple/quad) I guess maybe PCCs that take them haven’t been around long enough. Anyway, something like a 40rnd quad stack that is the length of a 25rnd would be neat.

I'm guessing because there are already a decent assortment of drums available?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Update:

Went to the range yesterday, and used both of my new Magpul 27 round mags in my PC Carbine.

New: Took it out of the bag, and put 27 rounds through it, no issue.
    Used: The one mag I have been having trouble with did function correctly this time. I had compressed the spring in the middle, so not sure if that helped or wasn't even necessary.

Glock 17 gen2: Put 27 rounds through it no issue, however it fell out of the magwell with two rounds left. Not sure if it actually seated properly.

More to come, I only get 1/2 hour windows and am expending a lot of ammo just to test.

I had that happen with a regular magpul mag in my polymer 80 G17. Wasn’t sure if I just hadn’t seated it right or if it was the problem ammo. I ran through a box of JSP 115gr Magtec. Just to try it for the hell of it. My polymer 80 has been running great for awhile now. And it ate a box of wolf just fine. It chocked on 4 of the rounds with FTF and popped the mag out on around round 5 of 17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom