• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    Hey all,

I enjoy shooting my new M9A3 but the sights are a bit thin, if that makes sense? I'm used to shooting my Glock with night sights, with the fat front sight and narrow rear sight. It makes it so there's very little dead space between the blade of the FSP an the sides of the rear sight notch. Hopefully I'm explaining that well enough.

Does anyone else shoot the M9 with sights other than factory? I'm wondering what the best after market sights to install would be. As is, the FSP is so narrow, I feel like it allows for too much play in the windage while aiming. Ideally, I'd like something closer to my Glock night sights.

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

-

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Depends what you want to do with it, i.e. run and gun, Bullseye, carry gun, etc. I put some aftermarket adjustable match sights on a couple M9s. I wouldn't honestly recommend them for holster use though.

If you want I can look for the documentation in a couple days.

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    Nanook, I would appreciate that. I'm debating whether to use it as a carry gun just because of its size compared to my Glock. Eventually I want to try and get into tri-gun matches, but for now I think I'll mostly be doing target shooting for accuracy. Did you have yours installed, or did you self install?

Sajidakh, it's funny you link those sights because those are the exact set I had pulled up in my browser when I figured I should ask. Figure eights look interesting, I've never used them before. Do you think your elevation allignment would suffer in low-light situations?

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Nanook, I would appreciate that. I'm debating whether to use it as a carry gun just because of its size compared to my Glock. Eventually I want to try and get into tri-gun matches, but for now I think I'll mostly be doing target shooting for accuracy. Did you have yours installed, or did you self install?

Sajidakh, it's funny you link those sights because those are the exact set I had pulled up in my browser when I figured I should ask. Figure eights look interesting, I've never used them before. Do you think your elevation allignment would suffer in low-light situations?

No that's when they shine. Otherwise with the rear being pretty much blacked out, you use them as a more traditional notch and post sight in hi viz. But on sights like the F8 with a deep notch, it becomes easier to align than typical 3 dot sights.

XS big dots follow the same principle of vertical vs horizontal alignment but I find that "making the lollipop" or "dotting the i" takes a bit longer then lining up the 2 dots. YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom