• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    May not be the worst case scenario for us. Better than putting him in charge of Senate where bad laws are created. As AG he can only interpret and enforce the laws on the books. Sure he can make some bad interpretations, but the Courts can settle those quicker then overturning coded law.

Feb 4, 2010
    Can get worse though

Current AG what's-his-name made a rule that we can open carry long guns.

Frosh would quickly eliminate that assessment of the law.

Look at what he has said, even with the recent Federal Ruling:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...permit-ruling/2012/03/06/gIQAFbPLvR_blog.html

Reporter: "They say it's their right under the Constitution" Frosh:"They're wrong about that" Reporter: "THey say it would be a safer world." Frosh: "They are absolutely nuts."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oW192VupIc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMVa-zxN3eE

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    No guarantee he'd win and the upside is that he'd cede his seat on the Senate committee and give up any chance of being Senate president.

Succeeding Mike Miller would be far more dangerous to us.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I don't know if Frosh would do as well as he thinks running for statewide office. He may be just peachy with a majority of voters in Silver Spring, but spending the Vietnam draft in Sweden and opposing Jessica's Law are not the kind of things that will go over well in much of the state, even being as liberal as it is.

Norton is spot on about how dangerous he would be to us as Senate President though. Not only could he table any bill whatsoever in the assembly on a whim, he would also appoint the members of the different committees. He could easily replace the couple of pro-2A dems we have on Judicial Proceedings and proceed to move through anything he wanted. And if the way he acts in hearings is any indicator, he would be one to abuse the daylights out of any positional authority he had.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Current AG what's-his-name made a rule that we can open carry long guns.

Frosh would quickly eliminate that assessment of the law.

Look at what he has said, even with the recent Federal Ruling:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...permit-ruling/2012/03/06/gIQAFbPLvR_blog.html

Reporter: "They say it's their right under the Constitution" Frosh:"They're wrong about that" Reporter: "THey say it would be a safer world." Frosh: "They are absolutely nuts."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oW192VupIc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMVa-zxN3eE

As AG he would have to speak "for the record". Meaning it cannot be his opinion, but must be based on the current laws.

As to Gansler, he followed up saying that while there is no specific law against open carrying a loaded rifle; one would most likely be arrested for disturbing the peace or other nuisance law. He is no friend to the 2nd A, but is unable to create laws to diminish it. Currently Mr. Frosh can do just that.

one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't know if Frosh would do as well as he thinks running for statewide office. He may be just peachy with a majority of voters in Silver Spring, but spending the Vietnam draft in Sweden and opposing Jessica's Law are not the kind of things that will go over well in much of the state, even being as liberal as it is.

Norton is spot on about how dangerous he would be to us as Senate President though. Not only could he table any bill whatsoever in the assembly on a whim, he would also appoint the members of the different committees. He could easily replace the couple of pro-2A dems we have on Judicial Proceedings and proceed to move through anything he wanted. And if the way he acts in hearings is any indicator, he would be one to abuse the daylights out of any positional authority he had.

As a resident of Silver Spring/Wheaton I can say with confidence "HE AINT OURS!" It takes West of the Park white liberal guilt to be as stupid as he is...he represents Bethesda

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I do wonder what his long term goal is. Does he want to be Governor or U.S. Senator? He is without a doubt our most passionate real threat. He doesn't disagree with us, he passionately HATES us.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    There are pros and cons. Certainly pro-2A tactics in MD would have to change, and all gun owners would have to be on their toes.

Now maybe this is obvious or I should know it already, but what about Gansler? Is he term limited (ha!) or does he have his sights set higher? Will there be a primary fight?

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I do wonder what his long term goal is. Does he want to be Governor or U.S. Senator?

TBH, I wouldn't be very worried about him as a Senator. And I'm guessing the most likely path is running in 2016 for a retiring Babs. That would make it an even exchange.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Provided this is true, I wonder what tea leaves he read to determine that he won't be succeeding Miller whenever he finally retires and who is at the top of the list to replace him. Either way, getting him out of the SJPC is good news for us; it would be tough for even MoCo to come up with such a bigoted anti as Frosh, though I have no doubt they'll try their damnedest.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    As a resident of Silver Spring/Wheaton I can say with confidence "HE AINT OURS!" It takes West of the Park white liberal guilt to be as stupid as he is...he represents Bethesda

:) Ahh sorry. You know us northeasterners, always gettin' lost down there.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Working in the state senate is 90 days a year, if you show up at all. I suspect the AG is full-time; what will become of his law practice and partnership? Is it possible that his bedfellows would wish he throw himself under a bus? (I admit I know nothing of how these things work, just idle speculation here).

Perhaps the economy is bad enough that his pond-scum clientele can't afford his services? If he no longer brings golden showers to the firm, a change of day job might be desirable. It does seem odd that he'd leap to the other side of the fence, and defend his fellow citizens from depredation by his former clients.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Isn't he an ambulance chaser who mostly takes contingency cases?

Brian Frosh handles commercial litigation and real estate law for the firm. Brian recently was selected to appear in Best Lawyers in America—a listing of the top one percent of lawyers in the United States, based on interviews with other lawyers—and he has been awarded the prestigious AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatingSM by Martindale-Hubbell®. Brian has been a member of the Maryland Senate since 1995, and currently is chairman of the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee. Brian is a past president of the Maryland-India Business Roundtable. He has been practicing law for over 25 years. He has been selected by the Daily Record as one of Maryland's Top 25 Leaders of the Law in 2010.

Areas of practice

Business litigation
    Commercial litigation
    Real estate law

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Brian Frosh handles commercial litigation and real estate law for the firm. Brian recently was selected to appear in Best Lawyers in America—a listing of the top one percent of lawyers in the United States, based on interviews with other lawyers—and he has been awarded the prestigious AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatingSM by Martindale-Hubbell®. Brian has been a member of the Maryland Senate since 1995, and currently is chairman of the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee. Brian is a past president of the Maryland-India Business Roundtable. He has been practicing law for over 25 years. He has been selected by the Daily Record as one of Maryland's Top 25 Leaders of the Law in 2010.

Areas of practice

Business litigation
    Commercial litigation
    Real estate law

Man Norton..... I do hope that you looked that up and did not know that off the top of your head. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom