• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Do you have the new M&P Shield in stock in 9 mike mike? If so, I'll be in on Friday for a look see if that's cool.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Another FFL has said that the gun was going to be submitted. Not sure when the board's next meeting is.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Well until then I can show off my most recent M&P purchase from engage!! All while practicing for the next Engage photo contest!!!! Thanks Andy as usual, hide a shield for me its on my list!!

DSCF0175.jpg

DSCF0167.jpg

DSCF0163.jpg

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    No... I don't think Glock makes a single stack 9mm or.40. The closest they have (to my knowledge) is the G36, the single stack .45.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    I handled one on Tuesday- side by side with my G26. When it's on the md handgun roster, I'll be picking one up. Its a bit smaller and lighter than the 26. Grip, while thinner, still feels like control isn't going to be a problem.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I'm a bit disappointed in the size of the Shield. It's basically a thinner version of the currently M&P9 Compact. I like the compact, but both guns are a bit too big for pocket carry, and if I'm going to go OWB or IWB, I might as well go with a bigger gun.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I have big hands, so something pocket sized doesn't suit me. However, this fits well enough in my hand. The only thing that truly bothers me is the silly safety; they need to ditch it. I think I'll wait to see what Glock does.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Last night I watched a really good review of it on one of those gun shows. Looks like a great gun and it was designed to compete directly with the micro guns like LC9, Nano, PM9; but I too don't like the external manual safety. Just one more thing that could break, collect dirt/lint, forget about, and have to train with.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I used to carry the 380 Bodyguard from time to so I like it as a step its. Its thinner than the Glock 33 I also carry. My only reserve about it is the present lack of holster options. Also I would never bother to engage the safety if I was carrying it in a holster. I personally believe the safety is there for the jackass who carries it in their pocket (its way to big to be a pocket gun).

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I used to carry the 380 Bodyguard from time to so I like it as a step its. Its thinner than the Glock 33 I also carry. My only reserve about it is the present lack of holster options. Also I would never bother to engage the safety if I was carrying it in a holster. I personally believe the safety is there for the jackass who carries it in their pocket (its way to big to be a pocket gun).

I agree. There's no reason to engage the safety. I will say the safety is extremely stiff. Therefore, it should be feasible to turn it off, and forget about it. However, there's always that what if scenario.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'm not a fan of thumb safeties for any carry firearm.

I havent seen them side by side but I dont this is going to be a "real logical" advance of the MP9C.

I'm sure they will sell well but I think it's more of a gimmick then an actual good idea. Larger then most pocket guns...to large to fit in your pocket...and not small enough to make sense over the MP9C.

However I'd still buy one if the price was right.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    What is involved in a MSP approval?

Basically you fill out a form and mail the application and the firearm to the handgun board (Maryland State Police). When items are extremely similar, i.e. caliber, different barrel length, etc you can usually just send an application but its important to check first.

Attachments

• Petition Form.doc
      31 KB · Views: 73

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom