• ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

So, how do you like the 1911?

Welcome. How do you like the pt1911 ar?

I love it! I tried several different rented guns at Continental and On Target
    over the last few months, and I was leaning toward a 1911. To make the final
    decision I tried a Sig P226 (.40 cal) and a 1911 on the same day at On Target.
    It just happened to be a Taurus 1911, and I was getting much tighter groups
    with it than I was with the .40. Plus, it felt nicer in my hand.

When I saw the model I wanted at the September show (blue with rail) at a good
    price I bought it.

SO how did it shoot?

It was great! I fired around 75 rounds, 4 different types of FMJ (including some
    milsurp dated 1963 that I bought at the show), and 3 different types of JHP. I had
    no malfunctions whatsoever.

My wife was with me, and she fired a handgun for the first time in her life. We
    rented a 22 revolver for her to start with, and we took turns (she with the 22 and
    me with the 1911). When we were finished I asked her if she wanted to try the Taurus
    before we left. She was a little nervous but she did it. She had quite a bit of
    movement from the recoil and I was expecting it to jam, but she fired 8 rounds
    with no problems.

This was my last group of the day. It was a full mag, so there's 6 touching in the
    center and two off by themselves. I'm still a beginner, so I'm sure it would
    have been much better in more experienced hands.

img_4271.jpg

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Awesome shooting and very pretty gun. So are you gonna join us at Hap Baker Saturday for the Carroll County members shoot?

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Welcome form Westmisnter! And thank you for your service.

I've shot the Taurus and loved it. One of the RO's at Hap Baker is a big fan of the gun so you'll have someone to talk to if you go there :).

Check out TaurusArmed.net if you haven't already. Great site for all things Taurus and they even have a forum dedicated to the 1911 for hints and tips.

And since I shoot at Hapy Baker, come up and say hi to the fat guy in the Steeler's cap!

Splitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom