• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Not sure how you can posit a trend from numbers after just a couple of days, but that's what the article says.

Sorry, it is al Jazeera, didn't notice until after I clicked, but it is worth reading.

Brisk trade for gun shops in shadow of Navy Yard shooting

And sorry, don't care much for the owner of 'Redline Motorsports'. He's got 'his', but thinks there's too many people joining the club.

...people who want to own an assault weapon should have to go through the same process as those who seek concealed carry licenses.
    He believes current standards for background checks are too lax.
    "It's a joke," he said. "As long as you're not a criminal, they give it."

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Yes, yet again, hundreds of ARs that had been sitting in stock and easy to get at distributors disappeared overnight after the shooting.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Yes, yet again, hundreds of ARs that had been sitting in stock and easy to get at distributors disappeared overnight after the shooting.

Are you serious Greg? If this is true it must be speculation by Local Gun shops.

With all the shootings that go on in this country, I would think there would be very few people left on the sidelines. Either you realized owning a gun was prudent or you have become even more against them.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I call BS....Rumors like this are manufactured by the industry. Can't blame them though. Some distributors are probably sitting on large volumes with more coming in. I'm sure many of them placed huge orders in the past month and are now thinking they may have ordered too much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    My son just bought a handgun in western MD today and said pickings were slim. He wanted a 1911 style .45 ACP but couldn't find one in stock so he settled for a 9mm. He said things were so busy they were selling guns that had not been delivered to the dealer yet. They were selling sight unseen handguns they expected to be delivered in the next day or so.

Funny the harder the MSP works the behinder they get.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There is enough national news coverage of the Navy Yard incident , that there could have been a mild ripple in nationwide stastics. But here in Md , Oct1 remains the overridding dynamic. Sales in the final days were already destined to be leaving LGS shelves as bare on Oct2 as they were in midApril.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Salesman of the month.

Well, looks like that old hag Feinstein is the SALESMAN of the month for September!! :D She heard shooting and is out there proposing taking AR's away again...even after it was reported that there was NO AR present, she did not retract one word of her statements. She is looking tired lately...it is WAY past time for her to.....BE GONE!!

Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    The channel Al Jazeera has was purchased from Al Gore's Current TV.
    The political position hasn't changed much - make America look bad, promote progressive ideals (for Americans).

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    "It's a joke," he said. "As long as you're not a criminal, they give it."

MY GOD!!!!!!

You're allowed to buy a gun if you're not a criminal???!!? WHAT'S WRONG WITH AMERCA!!??!!? Why isn't there a system in place to predict crimes and deny gun purchases to pre-criminals?

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    MY GOD!!!!!!

You're allowed to buy a gun if you're not a criminal???!!? WHAT'S WRONG WITH AMERCA!!??!!? Why isn't there a system in place to predict crimes and deny gun purchases to pre-criminals?

MinorityPreCrimeBandeau.jpg

dont worry, he'll save us

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom