• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemerguy

Oct 6, 2012
    I stressed this exact point to Senator Klausmeir's office yesterday.

They need to offer as many poison pills as possible.

Her office also said "We have no idea what Brochin was thinking."

Brochin has told some of his constituents that he voted for the bill because the amendments in JPR substantially changed it.

This is, of course, nonsense. Brochin made a clear and affirmative declaration at that Saturday morning meeting several weeks ago that he would not vote for this bill if it contained a licensing provision.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    I just sent this email to all Senator's and Delegate's.

===
    It has come to the attention of the Maryland gun owner’s community that the fix is in with regards to SB281. That backroom deals have been made that will allow some Senator’s or Delegate’s to vote for different amendments, or to vote against SB281, so that they will be protected in the 2014 election.

Others are attempting to mask their intentions with statements and misleading positions. Senator Miller has even gone so far as making the ridiculous statement “I’ll buy a gun in Virginia before I submit to finger printing”. Know full well that would be committing a Federal crime.

This will not work. The Maryland gun owner’s community is watching every vote, including amendment voting. By the 2014 Primaries every gun owner in Maryland will know what party to belong to, who is their friend, and who is not their friend.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Brochin has told some of his constituents that he voted for the bill because the amendments in JPR substantially changed it.

This is, of course, nonsense. Brochin made a clear and affirmative declaration at that Saturday morning meeting several weeks ago that he would not vote for this bill if it contained a licensing provision.

Anybody see his work on the floor Monday eve. He has a pet bill. Maybe he got offered a chance to have it heard. He did get a lot of floor time..

BTW his thing is privacy rights... He is very concerned about privacy.. An amendment designed around the 4 th A and reasonable expectation of privacy might get his support..

Any idea if this is in the works..

In fact I think, after hearing himon the floor that it was the big brother thing about fingerprints that got to him.. I think he is an idealist about privacy....

Thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom