• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I understand the whole post count thing but I can assure you, I'm not some anti plant who is looking to fire up the troops. I just feel very passionate about this and until we meet at a rally, there is nothing I can say or do to convince anyone otherwise. I mass email multiple times thought out the day like everyone else and will continue to do so but being in IT, I can assure you that it is very easy to block all emails inbound via content. They may not even be receiving the emails and if they are getting through, they C&A. Set up outlook rules to delete them as soon as they hit the account. We broke the am system and made a statement but it did nothing. I'm frustrated and just want to be heard like the rest of you, it's just not happening for us and we are playing by the rules doing everything right. I'm watching our rights evaporate before my eyes and think about if this is what it's like now, how will it be for my little boys when I'm not around? It sickens me and we have to do something, anything, before this is too late with nothing left to do but the crying

I get that you--and all of us--are pissed off. But we have to think this thru. by the way...here's a STICKY notice from Moderator ZooStation today:

Rhetoric, Behavior, etc.
    Overall, we have had very few problems with conduct this session. Almost everyone has been doing a great job positively representing the community on this publicly viewable website, and we appreciate it.

However, the rhetoric a few people are using needs to be toned down. People are starting to say stupid things and it’s going to come back to hurt the whole community. Remember, the other side is surfing this board looking for stuff to use against us. We are not going to have all the hard work done by so many people this session compromised by someone who can’t control his internet muscles. No suggestion of illegal activity will be tolerated. Make sure what you post can’t be misinterpreted as a threat against anyone, because there are those who would just love to use that type of internet behavior against this community. None of us likes what they are trying to do to us this year but we have to control our emotions.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Frosh just bent over and pulled a Jim Carey. Fingerprints do not allow access to any additional databases that the current checks don't already search.

SU1xWGZuN05CUncx_o_jim-carreys-love-letter-to-emma-stone-ace-ventura-ass-.jpg

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Ok, so while drinking my beer, I'm thinking about the whole "firearms at a protest" discussion. What's the definition of firearm? If we were to remove the bolts from our ARs and leave them at home, it is no longer a firearm is it? Whatever, we will not have the people to do this where no one will be arrested as there are safety in numbers but I'm just thinking out loud

This is a Firearm.
    strippedlowerA%20(Small)_LRG.png

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    personally i still dont understand this whole if-i-dont-own-a-handgun thing.

“Rent” in SB0281 means the temporary transfer for consideration of a regulated firearm that is taken from the property of the owner of the regulated firearm

so... ontarget rents me a pistol. i get that. what if someone takes the safety course at AGC?? Unless AGC is the owner, this seems to preclude someone from providing a pistol, unless the class is taken on their property.

seems like a big catch-22 to me and i dont know how many places besides ontarget can provide a rental on the premises of the safety class.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    personally i still dont understand this whole if-i-dont-own-a-handgun thing.

“Rent” in SB0281 means the temporary transfer for consideration of a regulated firearm that is taken from the property of the owner of the regulated firearm

so... ontarget rents me a pistol. i get that. what if someone takes the safety course at AGC?? Unless AGC is the owner, this seems to preclude someone from providing a pistol, unless the class is taken on their property.

seems like a big catch-22 to me and i dont know how many places besides ontarget can provide a rental on the premises of the safety class.

What about letting someone else shoot your gun in your presence?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Ok, so while drinking my beer, I'm thinking about the whole "firearms at a protest" discussion. What's the definition of firearm? If we were to remove the bolts from our ARs and leave them at home, it is no longer a firearm is it? Whatever, we will not have the people to do this where no one will be arrested as there are safety in numbers but I'm just thinking out loud

In Virginia, they regularly have big Open Carry rally events--I know, I walked into the Virginia Statehouse and into the Legislative Gallery with a .357 on my hip. That is Big Time! However, in VA the Virginia Citizens Defense League organizes these as "reminder" events to keep the public conscious that Open Carry is "normal". We, however, are in the midst of a hotly-contested political struggle so "hitting the streets USAFRavenStyle" would def be seen as a provocation.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    I also don't understand how making live fire certifications in the past 10 years valid helps us. I've been shooting for 10 years but I don't know of anywhere that will give me a certificate that says I demonstrated live fire proficiency.

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    The worst part about this is... SB281 isn't the end of the road. There are a lot of other crappy bills just waiting to have their day.

TACAV

Aug 6, 2008
    Just for my own political education, Can they even filibuster at this point? or are we just screwed? (i doubt they would even if they could anyways)

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    I can't listen anymore. We are F'd. I went through this in NJ back in 1994. Then I moved to the "free" state. Not so free anymore. If I could move I'd move, but this is going to happen everywhere. It's only a matter of time. Too many libs outnumbering folks with common sense.

It's gonna suck when everyone moves to Texas, including all the gun manufacturers. Then, Texas will be the only pro gun state and the anti-gunners will control congress and take them anyways.

Personally, I want to do civil disobedience and not register a thing, but I have a job which relies upon not breaking laws.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    In Virginia, they regularly have big Open Carry rally events--I know, I walked into the Virginia Statehouse and into the Legislative Gallery with a .357 on my hip. That is Big Time! However, in VA the Virginia Citizens Defense League organizes these as "reminder" events to keep the public conscious that Open Carry is "normal". We, however, are in the midst of a hotly-contested political struggle so "hitting the streets USAFRavenStyle" would def be seen as a provocation.

Totally agree with everything you said. I lived in va when I first moved into the area and seeing someone open carrying a raging bull on their hip was an eye opener for me. It was not something that was the norm in Pa but guns are a accepted there.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

well, i also hear they have a two party system with actual republicans too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom