• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Sons MD ID expiring next month. The MD ID card renewal notice, has bad link (mvascheduling.maryland.gov). Once I have overcome that issue, three browsers I used all hang when attempting to schedule an appointment.

Of course 410.768.7000 is busy.

Any words of wisdom?

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    All expiration dates of state licenses are extended to 30 days beyond the end of the COVID state of emergency

Has Hogan lifted the state of emergency for COVID?

I've got VEIP chomping my a$$ for an emissions test on the HMMWV. I emailed them applying for a diesel waiver and received a reply telling me to go to VEIP and have them confirm that the vehicle is diesel.

Every time I go to the VEIP station the line is wrapped around the building all the way out to MD450, clogging up the lane. It's madness.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Has Hogan lifted the state of emergency for COVID?

I've got VEIP chomping my a$$ for an emissions test on the HMMWV. I emailed them applying for a diesel waiver and received a reply telling me to go to VEIP and have them confirm that the vehicle is diesel.

Every time I go to the VEIP station the line is wrapped around the building all the way out to MD450, clogging up the lane. It's madness.

Won't the VIN verify that for them?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Won't the VIN verify that for them?

Most likely you need to get in touch with a human, to tell the computer what the VIN means. Last year, my wife got a VEIP notice for her horse trailer :wtf: It was eventually resolved (without having to take it to a VEIP location), but it required human correction of a computer error (21st C, who'd have thought:rolleyes:)

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Most likely you need to get in touch with a human, to tell the computer what the VIN means. Last year, my wife got a VEIP notice for her horse trailer :wtf: It was eventually resolved (without having to take it to a VEIP location), but it required human correction of a computer error (21st C, who'd have thought:rolleyes:)

Excellent point, here we are in the 21st century and unable to contact an human.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I had the same issue with the website. I called the call center everyday for a week and finally got thru to schedule an appt. I was put on hold for 5 min then an automated message told me, "due to call volume, schedule the appt online." And hung up on me. Finally the website worked but all available appts are 2 months out. I had to schedule an appt 114 miles away in Cumberland so I can get my license done on time.

When I did this, (first week of Jan) it was a month before my expiration date. They were already scheduling March by then.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I'm not trying to make excuses for incompetence (because it certainly exists), but in the spirit of understanding (and to maybe help keep our blood pressure down), I'll just offer this: MVA has been woefully understaffed from...time out of mind. I'm sure none of the cataclysmic events of the past year have done anything to improve that.

Rapture

Total Loser
    Jun 5, 2013
    In the woods
    Anyone still not getting registration renewals in the mail? I ordered mine in November and here we are in February....Hit my CC, but alas, no sticker or registration...

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Anyone still not getting registration renewals in the mail? I ordered mine in November and here we are in February....Hit my CC, but alas, no sticker or registration...

I had that happen to me prior to Covid. At that time I just called them and they mailed me another one. No questions asked and no additional charges. Of course if you can’t get them on the phone...

My wife just had her license renewed in January after doing the Real ID paperwork. I was sweating her getting the license in the mail because she didn’t pay for the extra fee for express tracking but we got it in about a week. Normally I wouldn’t have paid the extra fee but with how the mail is right now I would’ve.

RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    I've had more than my fair share with them myself. Bought a new car and added my daughter to my insurance this summer. At the time she had a provisional license. When she got her actual license my rate went up to $9900 per year,3 vehicles,3 drivers,0 points or claims. Went back to Geico and somehow ended up paying less for 3 cars full coverage than I was paying for 2 at Liberty. Somehow either Geico did not notify or MVA dropped the ball on the transition. Started getting fine notifications for not having insurance. Hit the website says my daughter's car only,even though all 3 in my name and insured same policy. Call insurance company and they send info over. Week later notice the new car not covered. Call in and they say can't take info over the phone and see no record of having sent or receiving fine notification but 2 of 3 vehicles come back as not insured. Third does under old insurance. Back to insurance company to send yet another notification for all 3 but they say they can't because only 2 show an issue. If I called 6 times a day I might have gotten through to 1 live person and then what they said would contradict what I'd heard previously.

Now I've had to contact MD Unemployment and they seem to be worse than the MVA . Notified by work that someone entered a fraudulent unemployment claim using my name and SS. Notify 3 credit bureaus,activate the protection plan they implemented for associates " while denying any breach to company systems" and contact Dept of Labor or Unemployment whichever they advised to do. Call the # given,get bounced around to dial this for that and finally get a prompt for fraud report. Rings once and goes to VM,hours 9-3 nobody available leave msg. No matter what day or time of day nobody is available. And not return call after multiple messages. Have case and claim # etc. So this ought to end well.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland

I renewed my registration online. What was weird was that I didn't get an option to print out a temp registration. 3 weeks later my sticker came in the mail. I just drove around on the "expired" sticker anyways.

I went last week to renew my drivers license in person. I had to bring all the same documents I needed for the Real ID. When I got there they told me that it wasn't neccesary. It was all on file, but the website can't differentiate who has gone thru the process or not.
    (Of course I frantically couldn't find my birth certificate the night before. Every damn time.)

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013

I'm in the sane boat. I printed out a copy of the transaction and keep it in vehicle. hindsight I should've just went to a tag and title place and got stickers there.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I got mine for my truck, which expired January 2021. Interestingly enough, the only option for me was a 1 year renewal, whereas I have always done 2 year. I got the sticker in the mail in the normal amount of time.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I have farm tags on my truck and they expired in May of last year. Still haven't figured out how to get an appointment to for the MVA peeps to look at my farm tax form to renew them. Might just do a drive by when I'm off next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom