• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WayneE

Aug 25, 2014
    You think I would really make the person next to me mad? lol

I have a Sig AR pistol with 10.5" barrel.

A guy next to me at Heritage in Frederick had his target set at something really short, maybe 5 yards. He said when I fired it was blowing his target around.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I have shot an AR pistol and an 11.5. It really isnt an isse. Double up on the ears and you are fine.

Shooting an AR indoors is like drinking an IPA. The first sip sux, but after that you are too traumatized to realize how much it is damaging you. j/k

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Has anyone shot a 11.5" .223/5.56 in an indoor range? Is the blast and concussion barrable?

Bearable's the operative word there. If you're wearing high-capacity "ears" (i.e., -30db blast reduction), 'tis but a mere bump in the night. However, if you happen to be in one of the other poor shlubs on an adjoining lane and wearing standard (i.e., -20-22db) "ears", it might leave your ears doing something that rhymes with singing.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    Bearable's the operative word there. If you're wearing high-capacity "ears" (i.e., -30db blast reduction), 'tis but a mere bump in the night. However, if you happen to be in one of the other poor shlubs on an adjoining lane and wearing standard (i.e., -20-22db) "ears", it might leave your ears doing something that rhymes with singing.
    Hmm, so I decided to go with a 8.5" barrel with a KAK flash can. Seems like 300 blackout burns all it's powder at around 7-8.5 inches so the flash wouldn't be as bad. The blast is said to be a lot less than a 5.56 out of a short barrel. With a flash can it shouldn't bother my neighbor as much, hopefully. It's also apparently good for 200 yards and I cant really see farther than that. I'll have to do some research on a good even zero since this will be my first 300 blk. The only thing it might do is blast my wallet since the ammo is as high as .308.

I might stick with my Arex pistol or 16 inch 5.56 for home defense though. I don't want to imagine using a arpistol at night and with no hearing protection lol but they all will damage my hearing but at least I wont be blind lol.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    A muzzle device like an STD (Simple Threaded Devices) goes a long way to shoving the noise away from you. My 10.5" AR got a lot better with one. Still not sure I'd shoot it indoors, though.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thought you liked feeling other's blasts.....

It'll be interesting when I take the 10.3" SBR with a brake to the indoor range, planning to do that Monday. Hopefully I don't disturb anyone
    I'm sure you'll find out, lol!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I would not shoot an 8 or 12" AR indoors unless I had a can on it; not my idea of fun

I shoot my 7.5" AR pistol indoors all the time. I don't see what the fuss is. I don't notice the fireball everyone talks about. It isn't as loud as my .357 with a 4" barrel. I put 36 of 40 into a 6" circle at 25yds with a red dot and rapid fire. It does exactly what I wanted it to when I decided to build one.

fbb87a03f43584347a05bfbaf007a4eb.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I shoot my 7.5" AR pistol indoors all the time. I don't see what the fuss is. I don't notice the fireball everyone talks about. It isn't as loud as my .357 with a 4" barrel. I put 36 of 40 into a 6" circle at 25yds with a red dot and rapid fire. It does exactly what I wanted it to when I decided to build one.

Agreed.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016

Your AR pistol looks..confusing to me lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom