• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I was waiting on the wife (and I still am), so I took some pics of a couple rifles

Rock River 9mm SBR
    C4 Diopter HK Style Iron Sights
    DD 7" Rail
    Mag Pul Stock and Grip
    9.25" TROS Barrel

I had a Aim Point on it, but I think I'm going to run it with just the HK sights. It shot great @ 25 yards yesterday just using them, and it looks bad a$$ with just the iron sights.

standard.jpg

Tom Sawyer Zombie Killer Lower
    Rock River Upper, LPK, 2 Stage Trigger & BCG
    DD 7" Lite Free Float
    Mag pul Stock and Grip
    Aim Point Comp M3
    Gem Tech M4-02 Suppressor
    CMMG 11.5" 1:7 chrome Lined Barrel

This will be the rifle in my hands if the SHTF, she's been 100% since day 1, and the suppressor makes it easy to shoot w/o having ear protection on. This is by far my favorite rifle

standard.jpg

Bushmaster Lower
    RRA LPK and 2 Stage tripper
    CMMG A2 14.5" 1:7 w/ Perm attached Phantom

Started life as a HBar carbine, it was a ban gun too, now she's slightly modified from origional configuration

standard.jpg

And my wifes gun:

Tom Sawyer Jolly Roger Lower
    RRA upper, LPK, 2 stage trigger and BCG
    CMMG 11.5" barrel
    YHM 2 piece rail
    Aim Point Comp M3
    Purple Dura Coat

standard.jpg

JLD PTR-91 w/ Dura Caot OD Green.

She eats any ammo I give it. :thumbsup:

standard.jpg

Springfield Armory M1A
    ARMS Scope Mount and Rings
    Leupold MK4 3-9 PR Series
    (I've had the scope on there for about 6 months and haven't pulled the trigger on it yet to see what it can do :sad20: )

standard.jpg

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    man thats some cash up there, everyone looks great

How many aimpoints do you own?

Just 2 right now. I'm adding another one soon for a 14.5" A3 carbine I'm working on. I'm going to use a La Rue mount for that one.

I have a few other Red Dots from Burris that work very well and cost 1/3 of the Aim Points.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    That Lil' 9mm is schweeeeeet. I had my paws all over it yesterday and it balances wonderfully.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Where did you get the suppressor from?
    I have heard they are legal to buy in MD, but you cant actually use them bc of some federal law. Is that true?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Where did you get the suppressor from?
    I have heard they are legal to buy in MD, but you cant actually use them bc of some federal law. Is that true?

Suppressors are perfectly legal in Maryland. As well as Short Barrelled Rifles, Short Barrelled Shotguns and Machine Guns.

You just have to be willing to bribe the Feds with a $200 check then do the required paper work.

We sell suppressors at Continental, I can get you anything you want. Just be willing to wait (nothing under NFA happens quickly) Once the suppressor comes in I'll guide you through the paper work

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    My 9mm AR15SD

Superior Arms Lower
    RRA upper, BCG, LPK, Stock, 9mm Hammer, 9mm Buffer and Barrel
    AWC "CQB" suppressor (fricking heavy! All Stainless Steel)
    YHM Free Float
    Burris XTS-135 Red Dot
    Mag Pul MIAD Grip

AR15barrels.com cut the barrel down to 5.5" and threadede it to 1/2x36 for me, the suppressor threads on perfectly. Randall at AR15barrels.com is a great guy to deal with, he does quality work quickly. Check him out if you need any barrels work done.

standard.jpg

She is close to Hollywood quiet as I have in a center fire gun. I use mostly Federal American Eagle 147gr ammo.

I'm going to get a Gem Tech Trinity and a Daniel Defense for it to lighten things up this summer. It's just to damn heavy with the AWC suppressor and it's too bulky with the YHM free Float. I want to turn it into a light weight piece so I can start teaching my nephew how to shoot!

I'm looking at getting some 158gr Prvi Partizan 9mm Subsonic for this summer (I shoot this a a friends house in Churchville during the summer, it sits all winter) I miss the days I could get 158gr IMI ammo for $8 a box! I wish I would have bought all that I could at those prices.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    dangone brother, you've got probably, what, $1200 just in the barrel and suppressor alone?

That is a fine piece of work there as well.

On the subject of 9mm ARs: It really is best to have one rifle dedicated to that because of the magazine block, right? You're not switching back and forth like you would simply change an upper.....

I have a box of Hirtenberger truncated cone 9mm that I bought but never shot because i was afraid that it was the ++++++P+++++ (ok, I exagerrated a little) submachine gun stuff. I'll bring it up with me, if I remember, when I come to see you and let you have it. It's not doing me any good and shood run quite nicely in that beast.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    dangone brother, you've got probably, what, $1200 just in the barrel and suppressor alone?

That is a fine piece of work there as well.

On the subject of 9mm ARs: It really is best to have one rifle dedicated to that because of the magazine block, right? You're not switching back and forth like you would simply change an upper.....

Like I told ya, stop buy when I'm working and you can shoot her. Just let me know what night you're coming up!

Nowhere near $1200 for the can and barrel. 9mm suppressors are fairly cheap if you look around. The AR doesn't need a LID or ASP system to function the gun. SO that saves atleast $100 on the suppressor cost.

The barrel was left over from another build, it only cost $60 to chop down and thread. The can was used. It's a Howard County Sheriffs Department trade in. I picked it up for $350 + tax stamp.

I'm going to get the Gem Tech which is going to be another $735 (can and stamp), all the other stuff I have for the "lightening" project. The only thing I can think of is the Sights, which I'm currently thinking about getting another set of the HK sights. for it.

It is easier to have a dedicated AR for 9mm.

You have to change out the hammer and buffer in the lower then install the mag block.

Not a hatefull operation, but if you are going to shoot both calibers on a regular basis it's easier to dedicate a gun to 9mm.

You could always build a nice 9mm to add to the collection. I'll sort you out for the paper work on the class III/Title II stuff when you're ready :D

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Nowhere near $1200. The barrel was left over from another build, it only cost $60 to chop down and thread. The can was used. It's a Howard County Sheriffs Department trade in. I picked it up for $350 + tax stamp.

I wasn't counting on the can being used....dang, that's a sweet deal. I'm still eyeing that AAC Omni

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If I ever decide to turn to a life of crime, I'm going absolutely nowhere near your house. :D

That point would be further driven home when you see the dude shoot.....that handgunof his sounds like a machine gun going off and they all go through the same friggin' holes. :gun2:

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Is Continental going to resell those or send them back to Colt? I guess there's not much chance of them being pre-86????

They are all post dealer guns

We are registering RRA 9mm lowers as SBR's and using the 10.5" uppers and other parts to build rifles from.

We are replacing the fire control group with RRA semi auto parts and using the RRA mag block, butthe rest of the rifle is all Colt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom