• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Howard County Register of Wills Byron MacFarlane has twice been pulled over and charged with drunk driving. Looks like he lawyered out of one charge and got PBJ on next charge. I know his position as “Will and Testament guy” doesn’t make policy but this dude has political aspirations (prolly eyeballing the County Council) and he is an extremely anti-2A Democrat. I think he is very beatable in an election if his drunk driving record is really promoted. Him behind a wheel while drunk is far more dangerous than a firearm.

Is anyone taking him on in the election?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Based solely on his accomplishments I’d say he’s untouchable.

The Honorable Byron E. Macfarlane was first elected Register of Wills for Howard County in 2010. He is the 18th Register and first openly gay elected official in Howard County history. From 2013 to 2016, Byron served as President of the Maryland Register of Wills Association.

Byron is a Howard County native and a graduate of Glenelg High School.

Byron credits his education in Howard County public schools for inspiring his passion for government and public service. He has had the privilege of working at the county, state, and federal levels of government, for then-County Councilman Guy Guzzone, Circuit Court Judge Richard Bernhardt, State Senator Edward J. Kasemeyer, and United States Senator Edward M. Kennedy. From 2004 to 2006, Byron served as Legislative Director to Delegate Peter Franchot, now the Comptroller of Maryland. In 2006, Byron was elected to serve on the Howard County Democratic Central Committee.

Byron earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore School of Law, where he concentrated on public and governmental service. Prior to earning his law degree, Byron attended the University of Maryland, College Park, receiving his bachelor’s degree in government and political science, with Citations in Public Leadership and Communication.

Byron values community involvement. He is a member of several local, state, and national organizations: Howard County Bar Association; Maryland Bar Association; National College of Probate Judges; Howard County Estate Planning Council (Founding Member); Maryland Student Legislature Board of Advisors; Columbia Democratic Club; Thurgood Marshall Democratic Club; PFLAG of Howard County; League of Women Voters of Howard County; Howard County NAACP, NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland; American Civil Liberties Union; Sierra Club and Human Rights Campaign. Byron is an Honorary Alumnus Member of the Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society and is a graduate of the Leadership Howard County Premier Class of 2017. Byron was a 2013 Baltimore Business Journal “40 Under 40” Honoree and served as a former adjunct faculty member at Howard University School of Law from 2015 to 2017.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    By “accomplishments” I assume you mean him being a gay Democrat in the virtue signaling capitol of the state?

He’s a drunk driver, I would think that makes him vulnerable. What about the children?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    By “accomplishments” I assume you mean him being a gay Democrat in the virtue signaling capitol of the state?

He’s a drunk driver, I would think that makes him vulnerable. What about the children?

He’s a member of PFLAG, therefore he cares about children.

Drunk driving in America is disgraceful.
    If you have enough money you get off.
    I’m convinced that no one in law enforcement or the criminal justice system really cares if a drunk driver kills someone. If they did, they’d tighten up enforcement.

I’m practically a grown man with an actual college education and I don’t know what a register of wills does or why we elect one. I do know that you will have a hard time uprooting HoCo’s first openly gay elected anyone because you’ll be labeled homophobic.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    He’s a member of PFLAG, therefore he cares about children.

Drunk driving in America is disgraceful.
    If you have enough money you get off.
    I’m convinced that no one in law enforcement or the criminal justice system really cares if a drunk driver kills someone. If they did, they’d tighten up enforcement.

I’m practically a grown man with an actual college education and I don’t know what a register of wills does or why we elect one. I do know that you will have a hard time uprooting HoCo’s first openly gay elected anyone because you’ll be labeled homophobic.

The Register of Wills is where you go and register a Last Will & Testament, should you choose to do so. That way, there is one on hand should you die. Nobody has to go searching for it. The Register of Wills also opens estates, etc. Then, if there is a problem within the estate that needs to be litigated, you will end up in the Orphan's Court. The Register of Wills is the administrative portion of the estate process.

http://registers.maryland.gov/main/home.html

As far as drunk driving is concerned, I despise it. However, I also happen to understand that the majority of Americans have driven drunk. So, they take pity on drunk drivers because they might have been arrested one day too, but for dumb luck they weren't. If the majority of Americans owned firearms, we wouldn't be dealing with this assault on the 2nd Amendment.

What is alright in society is defined by society itself. Had a 5 time repeat drunk driver almost kill a client of mine and he received less than a year in jail for it, with 6 months of work release. Guess what that turned out to be with good behavior, etc.

I really do wish that drunk driving would count against this guy. If I ran against him, being a gun owner would probably count against me more than being charged twice with drinking and driving. We live where we live.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In a county the size of HoCo does THE Register of Wills actually do any of that himself, or are they just in charge of a staff of clerks that do all the actual work ?

GFlowers

Oct 7, 2018
    Byron MacFarlane

I have started a group hoping to prevent Byron from getting re-elected called Fire Byron MacFarlane. This group exposes his DUI's, campaign finance, audit reports and some of the untruthful things he has said. Please join and keep the people safe before he gets a new DUI.

DAJ

Oct 4, 2018
    Arrested - Byron Macfarlane

Howard County Register of Wills Byron MacFarlane has twice been pulled over and charged with drunk driving. Looks like he lawyered out of one charge and got PBJ on next charge. I know his position as “Will and Testament guy” doesn’t make policy but this dude has political aspirations (prolly eyeballing the County Council) and he is an extremely anti-2A Democrat. I think he is very beatable in an election if his drunk driving record is really promoted. Him behind a wheel while drunk is far more dangerous than a firearm.

Is anyone taking him on in the election?[/QUOTE]

DAJ

Oct 4, 2018
    Arrested - Byron Macfarlane - Criminal

This guy is so against anything that is tied to a gun.

"NRA (a domestic terrorist organization)"
    "limitations on gun ownership"

DAJ

Oct 4, 2018
    Arrested - Byron Macfarlane - Criminal

This guy is so against anything that is tied to a gun.

"NRA (a domestic terrorist organization)"
    "limitations on gun ownership"

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Him hating guns should be the last thing people worry about , drinking and driving is the topic of the day . The gun thing is what his belief system is , him being gay mitigates all other crimes or indiscretions .

DAJ

Oct 4, 2018
    "Residude in Chief" - pretty cool title for a Welder. I Spent many years welding small stuff for my parents business.
    I thought him dis-ing guns was a little odd for a post on MD Shooters. The drinking thing is really bad and I keep hearing that Macfarlane is out almost every night drinking alcohol.

I saw a post on a local news station site this morning talking about Byron Macfarlane doing something this weekend extremely illegal. Within about 60 seconds it went away. They took it done - now that is odd. I captured the first paragraph but I am not going to share it until I confirm that it is real.

This guy has some challenges he needs to deal with.

DAJ

Oct 4, 2018
    Register of Wills did Something Stupid Again!

Byron Macfarlane illigally gave a bunch of people his Access Badge and without Byron they went into the Howard County Courthouse after hours to do something for Byron I guess. Can you imagine what the attorneys that use that courthouse are thinking. Did they install video equipment, listening devices, look thru their paperwork, gezzz. I will check state law and get back to you.

DAJ

Oct 4, 2018
    Byron Macfarlane committed another State crime. And once again there is proof. Gezz dude, and you hate this site.:mad54:

DAJ

Oct 4, 2018
    On Sept 30, 2018 Byron Macfarlane committed another State crime and once again there is proof!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom