Did anyone attend either day this weekend @ Redding?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I had tons of obligations this weekend and was bidding absentee on two rare items so I skipped both Sat and Sun @ Redding. Curious to see if anyone in the forum attended and if they came home with something. Both catalogs were full of C&R goodies of interest. Esp. the French Mle 1917 RSC semiauto rifle from WWI.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    I had tons of obligations this weekend and was bidding absentee on two rare items so I skipped both Sat and Sun @ Redding. Curious to see if anyone in the forum attended and if they came home with something. Both catalogs were full of C&R goodies of interest. Esp. the French Mle 1917 RSC semiauto rifle from WWI.

I was there. RSC sold $5,900

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I really wanted to be there just to be a fly on the wall (because there's no way with that many amazing milsurps that I could get a deal un-noticed). Instead, I had to work on Saturday and then do home upgrade stuff on Sunday. Bleh.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I also think I got the steal of the auction because I think I was the only one who knew what it was. Enfield No5 grenade trials. I just started a thread on Milsurps to confirm I am correct.

https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=65818

Wowzers, you did well! Esp. if you paid typical No5 price for it ($500-600). That's a home run for sure even if you paid more. Glad to see someone put it to Commonwealth, Brian and all the other dealers there who bid up everything and squeeze out us poor bargain hunting collectors.
    Isn't is nice to KNOW you're the only person in the room who has an inkling of what it is? I attended a Howard County auction 15 yrs ago when I was deep in all things Finnish and noticed a forlorn no-name lot that had potential. Just listed as "Military Rifle, SKY". Turned out to be a M28/30 in excellent condition. The auctioneer was laughing when he read the listing, not knowing just what it was. I got the last laugh when it hammered to me for $175. In a room with over 350 people, most there for all the Garands and 1903 Springfield, I was the only one with a clue. So I know you must have been on cloud nine driving home! Congratulations, I'm officially uber jealous!

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Wowzers, you did well! Esp. if you paid typical No5 price for it ($500-600). That's a home run for sure even if you paid more. Glad to see someone put it to Commonwealth, Brian and all the other dealers there who bid up everything and squeeze out us poor bargain hunting collectors.
    Isn't is nice to KNOW you're the only person in the room who has an inkling of what it is? I attended a Howard County auction 15 yrs ago when I was deep in all things Finnish and noticed a forlorn no-name lot that had potential. Just listed as "Military Rifle, SKY". Turned out to be a M28/30 in excellent condition. The auctioneer was laughing when he read the listing, not knowing just what it was. I got the last laugh when it hammered to me for $175. In a room with over 350 people, most there for all the Garands and 1903 Springfield, I was the only one with a clue. So I know you must have been on cloud nine driving home! Congratulations, I'm officially uber jealous!
    My hand never went down and it wasn't going down for awhile lol.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I really wanted to be there just to be a fly on the wall (because there's no way with that many amazing milsurps that I could get a deal un-noticed). Instead, I had to work on Saturday and then do home upgrade stuff on Sunday. Bleh.

You and I had the same weekend. I had tons of backlogged projects that weather had delayed (still have to strip and paint house trim). Plus my brother drove down with his fiancee to visit so I stayed in town. Still found a way to spend money through absentee bidding and got two nice items. Still would have been nice to watch the mayhem at Redding, if for entertainment if nothing else.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I was there. RSC sold $5,900

Seems they're now officially on the "I'll never have one of these" list. Held out hope about 10 yrs ago when they sold in the $2.5K -$3K range but now...
    Feel free to comment or throw around the numbers for anything else you found interesting. Since Redding won't publish results from their closed auctions there's no way to check what something sold for unless you were there first-hand.
    BTW, you were smart to go to the crowd on Milsurps.com with your GL Trials No5 (What were the British thinking on this front? Can't imagine that a No5 would fare well in that role.), hands down the best forum for LE knowledge. I'll watch your thread with interest to see what Wheaty and others think.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    What happened to the first response earlier that stated "yes, I was there" or was it "I did" :lol2:

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    You and I had the same weekend. I had tons of backlogged projects that weather had delayed (still have to strip and paint house trim). Plus my brother drove down with his fiancee to visit so I stayed in town. Still found a way to spend money through absentee bidding and got two nice items. Still would have been nice to watch the mayhem at Redding, if for entertainment if nothing else.
    Zero mayhem. Place was half full.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Zero mayhem. Place was half full.

Wow, that is a surprise! Tell me prices weren't crazy stupid, that'd make my day. Last time I was there it was for the ex-Sarco employee collection which was a scary mix of VG quality as well as humped stuff. You had to bring all your knowledge and experience to bear or you could easily wind up a sad camper.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Wow, that is a surprise! Tell me prices weren't crazy stupid, that'd make my day. Last time I was there it was for the ex-Sarco employee collection which was a scary mix of VG quality as well as humped stuff. You had to bring all your knowledge and experience to bear or you could easily wind up a sad camper.
    Prices weren't crazy Saturday. Sunday some great deals and some head scratchers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom