• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ivzarleinad

Jun 6, 2017
    Hi everyone,

I am excited to be a part of MD Shooters! I was one of the people who had their restrictions removed at the permit review board hearing today. I had a business owner permit with restrictions "valid only while conducting business" but the review board saw my argument that the restrictions violate my due process rights and they agreed to remove the restrictions!

Thank you to all the folks at MD Shooters and MSI who helped me with my appeal and encouraged me through the process. I couldn't have done it without you!

We really need to spread the word about how easy this process actually is - my wear and carry instructor was unaware that the board has been removing restrictions lately. He is now recommending it to all his other clients as well.

Daniel
    Frederick, MD

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Well that's a cool first post.

Indeed it is.

Potential CCW permit candidates would be well served by attending a few HPRB meetings or at least running your testimony by some people who are experienced. It becomes obvious what works with the Board, and being familiar with the venue and the personalities involved make the process much smoother.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I had quite a few conversations with you about this leading up to last night. Was thrilled to see your email stating that you and your father had the restrictions lifted. Glad that I could have been helpful in the process!

Bill

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join our fight.

www.marylandshallissue.org

attachment.php

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Daniel and Father, nice meeting you both and congrats. I appreciate your effort and persistence, but let's be honest the process is not "easy" for the average guy. It's easier for business owners who have a defacto G&S per the MSP.

And BTW, who in the Maryland General Assembly would have realized in 2013 that by making a violation of dubious and vague restrictions punishable by multiple years in prison they were creating a Constitutional concern that would precipitate the death of most restrictions on appeal when properly requested. :D

I don't give legal advice on these threads, but I really wouldn't want you to push that permit supersedes where prohibited by law argument :rolleyes: Creative, but invalid analysis.

Next step is getting the MSP (and the Board) to recognize non-business owners as having the same need and right to self-defense as stockholders, members or partners of an entity, but that are otherwise denied as mere employees, retirerees, parents, etc.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Welcome and congrats ! It was really gratifying to watch you guys tag team your way to freedom. Now pay it forward by joining MSI and participating. :party29:

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Hi everyone,

I am excited to be a part of MD Shooters! I was one of the people who had their restrictions removed at the permit review board hearing today. I had a business owner permit with restrictions "valid only while conducting business" but the review board saw my argument that the restrictions violate my due process rights and they agreed to remove the restrictions!

Thank you to all the folks at MD Shooters and MSI who helped me with my appeal and encouraged me through the process. I couldn't have done it without you!

We really need to spread the word about how easy this process actually is - my wear and carry instructor was unaware that the board has been removing restrictions lately. He is now recommending it to all his other clients as well.

Daniel
    Frederick, MD

Im curious, i have the same deal ccw for company with restrictions you its easy gryphon says not so easy

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    Hi...Rack&Roll here. Welcome!

I was the guy who chatted with you about your use of Mark Pennak's analysis after the board had adjourned.

Glad to have you on board, sir!

Click on the thread below to see a play-by-play account of your session tonight:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=210714&highlight=HPRB

Um, he can't. At the moment.

But yes, welcome, go to the introductions page and do it all proper like and congrats to the OP!

When I read the title, I read it as .... "New Member Restrictions Removed", So I didn't quite get the above, since if the title was right, he should have access to the Water Cooler. Then the fog lifted, :lol2: I say this calls for a vote .... due to the circumstances, should the OP be granted 50 posts by the powers that be? As a show of good faith, I'm willing to donate 10 of my posts to the OP to help him on his way to viewing the above thread ... :innocent0

What say ye MDShooters ??? :party29:

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    When I read the title, I read it as .... "New Member Restrictions Removed", So I didn't quite get the above, since if the title was right, he should have access to the Water Cooler. Then the fog lifted, 2: I say this calls for a vote .... due to the circumstances, should the OP be granted 50 posts by the powers that be? As a show of good faith, I'm willing to donate 10 of my posts to the OP to help him on his way to viewing the above thread ... :innocent0

What say ye MDShooters ??? :party29:
    I like the idea. He can have another 40 from me

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom