What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Just finished loading up a couple hundred 200gr .45ACP cast boolits. I cleaned and organized my bench last weekend. Not quite clean enough to eat off of, but pretty darned close. It won't last long.

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    A batch of 50 .280 Remington. Cleaned my press. Tumbled a pile of 30-06. Oiled my Garand stock again. Cleaned out my range bag.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Look at my bench and wish I had reloading equipment, brass ect..... get money saved to buy this or that always goes elsewhere. Maybe one day . Buddy let’s me use his . Nice guy huh?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    My first batch of powder coated bullets! 40S&W. (pictures later when i'm at home)

Awesome. I've been thinking about trying it too with 9mm, .45acp, and .38spcl.

What kind of oven are you using? Did you opt for standing them all up on silicone/parchment or just laying them on a metal screen or something else?

Loads of Bacon has some good videos on youtube about his adventures in powder coating. He's also on the reloader's network (he created that site).

https://thereloadersnetwork.com/author/loads-of-bacon/

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Awesome. I've been thinking about trying it too with 9mm, .45acp, and .38spcl.

What kind of oven are you using? Did you opt for standing them all up on silicone/parchment or just laying them on a metal screen or something else?

Loads of Bacon has some good videos on youtube about his adventures in powder coating. He's also on the reloader's network (he created that site).

https://thereloadersnetwork.com/author/loads-of-bacon/
    I both powder coat and use hi-tek epoxy coating. For PC, I just use the dry tumble method and stand them up on a tray lined with non-stick aluminum foil, haven't tried parchment, but the nsf works great in a re-purposed toaster oven with a pyrometer probe for more accurate temp readings. I use a wire mesh tray for the hi-tek coated as the coating is super thin and doesn't need to be 'stood up' to cure like PC wants to (but I coat them twice with the h-t)

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    today (lastnight really) was 150 rounds of 88gr fragmenting 300blk. used for plinking and fun, in addition to 500 rounds of 40S&W

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    Loaded up 71 rounds of 6.5 creedmoor this evening. 140 ELD-M over 42.3 IMR4451 resulting in 2732 FP with a standard deviation of 9. COAL is as long as I can make it and still fit the PMAGs, 2.3290 to the Ogive but still jumps .050” into the lands in the RPR.

Attachments

• 7312EFC1-40F7-48E2-8E25-A04842D1EF9C.jpg
      7312EFC1-40F7-48E2-8E25-A04842D1EF9C.jpg
      88.7 KB · Views: 369

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    prepped a box of 9mm about 5k
    next up 45ACP...

figured it's time to start prepping brass
    I can see long reloading sessions coming
    up, hope we get plently of snow...

-Rock

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Just received my piloted Manson Throating Reamer and handle that I plan to use on my 1911's barrel. This should allow me to seat my cast boolits to my load data specs instead of me having to seat them shorter because the barrel wasn't throated at all. I'm really looking forward to the end result!

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Just received my piloted Manson Throating Reamer and handle that I plan to use on my 1911's barrel. This should allow me to seat my cast boolits to my load data specs instead of me having to seat them shorter because the barrel wasn't throated at all. I'm really looking forward to the end result!

And it worked like a charm! It took about 1 minute including the time to lock the barrel into my vise. I should have done this a long time ago.

Edit: Working up a load now with ACP 200gr cast SWC and was able to seat them to my load data at 1.267" and get a good plunk!! Previously I was having to seat them at 1.242" or thereabouts. Happy camper. :bannana:

Last edited:

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Converted 63 once fired Korean KA 30-06 to 7.92 x 57 Mauser to load for the K43. Why 63? Because I just took a few handfuls out of a box of over 1k without counting.
    K43s are hard on cases and M2 cases are much tougher than commercial 8mm.
    I shorten on a bandsaw, then full length size using die wax. Swage the primer crimps out. Anneal and final size followed by final trimming with a Lee trimmer in a hand drill. Measure the necks to see if they need turned or reamed, which usually isn't necessary. I've yet to see a ring at the bottom of the neck from pushing the shoulder back like I do with other conversions I've done.
    Not as bad as it sounds. Much easier than making 7.62 Tokarev or 30 Mauser from 5.56 cases.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I got 1000 9mm berry 124gr pills that came in the mail today. I moved then down to the bench. Just waiting for a rainy/snow day to setup everything and knock them out.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    The family left a few hours ago after thanksgiving dinner was over.

I needed a mental break and some quiet time. Seemed like the basement was the place to go. Spent some time cleaning off the bench and setting up the progressive press and running the first batch of 100 rounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom