• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brendaliz

Mar 2, 2010
    I know - sorry. That place is not too far from where I live and from what I could find it wasn't clear if there was any resolution or information on if it was officially a done deal - I also assume it is. I thought a few years back I heard someone at PG county say someone was still shooting on the range - something about if someone didn't continue shooting (even once a week) they had no chance of ever re-opening. But I haven't heard anything since. Anyway, Thanks.

celzey

Sep 26, 2009
    Easton
    This club is DEFINATELY closed. I bought some of the clay target machines for a club I am on BOD of. They fought a long battle but ran out of money and had to give up. Alot more to the story but suffice to say they are closed.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    It appears that Google can find massively old threads!

So, just to add to this thread of woe... (I was looking for the location of the property.)

National Capital closed for a number of reasons:

1) It appears that the lead involved was found on the stream bed in a pile, as opposed to peppered there as part of the shot fall patterns.

2) That the grounds manager / person submitting the renewals for their lease never actually submitted the documentation.

3) The "river keeper" was actually an attorney from Georgetown that only had the attorney, and no other people in the organization. Furthermore, the "river keeper" was being funded in whole or part by the Kennedy family - as in Ted Kennedy.

Basically, it appears that an excellent club fell to deceitful practices by a targeted anti-gun attack, and failure to know there were problems with the person that was supposed to be renewing the land lease.

Furthermore, the rather nice club house mysteriously burned down...

Obviously there is more to it, and I'm sure I don't know anywhere near the entire story. However, this should be a lesson to the rest of us... As it could any range in the state.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    I think there is some truth to what you are saying.

However, many of these guys are also hunters, and they are not taking their $25k Kreighoffs duck hunting - so that leaves semi-autos... and those are targeted by the left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom