Bump/Slide Fire on a tight budget.. Suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MistaJackson

Apr 11, 2017
    PG County
    A buddy of mines randomly suggested I try out the slide fire Stock. Problem is I don't have anything to shoot one with. Any suggestions on a good/decent priced rifle start off with?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    rubber-bands-02.jpg

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    What do you mean?

Posts like this don't get taken seriously. You're a new poster who doesn't even have a rifle, yet you are worried about buying what is basically a toy. You don't buy a 500-1000 rifle just to try out a toy stock.
    Honestly, just go to one of the ranges that rents full autos. Its a lot more fun then that stupid stock.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If tight budgets are concern, bump stocks for mag dumps will eat thru ammo budgets like Chris Christie at a buffet.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    go to intruductions and post about yourself , then come back please.

bumpfire/slide fire takes some tweeks to an already reliable AR. I would suggest you put that aside for now.
    Your buddy may not be giving you good advice. If he has a bumpfire /slide fire equipped rifle, he should just let you try his (at an appropriate location to shoot).

Find a Local Gun shop near you and ask questions.
    IF your looking to practice, also figure out where you will shoot and the costs associated with it before jumping in. Many shooting ranges do not allow bumpfire/slide fire/crank fire or full auto.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm not telling ya what to do, but if I were...

I'd say look for a Windham. Remember that you must buy an HBAR. The next thing I'd suggest is to forget about the slidefire or any other toy for your AR other than a lot of ammo. A slidefire with a 10 round mag isn't going to be that much fun. Crawl before you walk. Buy a nice rifle. Learn to shoot it well. Practice a little, then practice a little more. Once you think you're getting the hang of it. Practice even more. Leave the toys alone. They aren't that much fun anyway.

I get much more enjoyment in seeing my shots hitting in the X ring instead of firing 10 shots and only 3 of them hitting anywhere on the target. You are your own person and will do what you want. I'm just explaining what many on this forum will tell you. Being a good shot is all the fun you need.

Good Luck!

MistaJackson

Apr 11, 2017
    PG County
    I'm not telling ya what to do, but if I were...

I'd say look for a Windham. Remember that you must buy an HBAR. The next thing I'd suggest is to forget about the slidefire or any other toy for your AR other than a lot of ammo. A slidefire with a 10 round mag isn't going to be that much fun. Crawl before you walk. Buy a nice rifle. Learn to shoot it well. Practice a little, then practice a little more. Once you think you're getting the hang of it. Practice even more. Leave the toys alone. They aren't that much fun anyway.

I get much more enjoyment in seeing my shots hitting in the X ring instead of firing 10 shots and only 3 of them hitting anywhere on the target. You are your own person and will do what you want. I'm just explaining what many on this forum will tell you. Being a good shot is all the fun you need.

Good Luck!
    Thanks for THAT advice.. Perhaps I should've Been a little more clear on my end.. I don't have a rifle CAPABLE of supporting the slide fire stock and even tho I've seen it done, I believe trying to fit one on my Hi Point would be redundant.. I HAVE been looking at a Windham. Buds has one available on their 90 day layaway plan, it has the bullet button but that should be an easy fix...

MistaJackson

Apr 11, 2017
    PG County
    go to intruductions and post about yourself , then come back please.

bumpfire/slide fire takes some tweeks to an already reliable AR. I would suggest you put that aside for now.
    Your buddy may not be giving you good advice. If he has a bumpfire /slide fire equipped rifle, he should just let you try his (at an appropriate location to shoot).

Find a Local Gun shop near you and ask questions.
    IF your looking to practice, also figure out where you will shoot and the costs associated with it before jumping in. Many shooting ranges do not allow bumpfire/slide fire/crank fire or full auto.
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom