• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    The 3rd Tuesday of every month a chapter of Well Armed Women meet at the Heritage Training Center from 6pm-8pm. I understand it is very social.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    My wife shoots with me occasionally(we work different shifts which makes it tough) and my two little girls started shooting this year. My youngest is a bullseye's worst nightmare when shooting her Savage Rascal 22 bolt action with peep sights:)
    My wife is not a member here and my kids aren't old enough to be on here lol

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    My wife shoots with me occasionally(we work different shifts which makes it tough) and my two little girls started shooting this year. My youngest is a bullseye's worst nightmare when shooting her Savage Rascal 22 bolt action with peep sights:)
    My wife is not a member here and my kids aren't old enough to be on here lol

How old are your girls? Do you mind me asking when you started letting them shoot?

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    My wife owns three handguns of her own, enjoys time at the range and has her MD and UT permits.

Getting her on here is not going to happen.
    That's awesome... to be honest I have never really had any interest of getting on here. Hubby mentioned it when I first bought my gun but lately iv been wanting to learn more. Even started reading one of his reloading books(thinking I'm leave that to him tho) I'd love to meet other women who enjoy shooting and definitely thinking of finding some classes to take.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Love it! Hubby has a shirt similar to this one that he actually wears

Unfortunately, the shirt is too accurate.

Many women end up with the leaning back stance.

Proper stance is leaning FORWARD. Leaning back puts you off balance for dealing with recoil.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My wife owns three handguns of her own, enjoys time at the range and has her MD and UT permits.

Getting her on here is not going to happen.

My wife said she doesn't want to own any firearms. She's happy shooting mine. And besides, that's just more things she can take from me if I ever want to leave her. Kinda her marital insurance policy, if you will.... :D

She actually owns 1 firearm, a Colt AR15 government model, Blue Label.

S&WGirl06

Sep 11, 2013
    Harford County
    Welcome into the fray... May your time here be enjoyable.

I have the Peltor RangeGuard muffs. They also have a volume control and a 3.5 jack for adding a radio/MP3 etc. And they are low profile so they fit well for shooting with shotguns and rifles.
    Thanks! I think I will stick with my a Howard Leight Sport headseat though. :)

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    Unfortunately, the shirt is too accurate.

Many women end up with the leaning back stance.

Proper stance is leaning FORWARD. Leaning back puts you off balance for dealing with recoil.

I naturally did that when I first shot was glad to have my husband point that out and as soon as I leaned more into it my group's got alot tighter

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    How old are your girls? Do you mind me asking when you started letting them shoot?

7 and 6.
    Not at all. I started letting them shoot my air soft pistol and my pellet rifle(me helping them of course) when they were 5 and 4. I bought the Savage Lil Rascals for them when they were 3 and 2 but just gave them to them this past year on their birthday. When they were 3 and 2, I was looking at the Savage's on my phone while my lil girls were on my lap and the oldest wanted a yellow one and the youngest wanted a blue one. Seeing as how I was born and raised in WV and Blue and Gold are WV colors, I knew I had to get them lol. I will try to post the pic later of the 5 shot group that my 6 year old shot at 10 yards...I was beside myself with how well she shot.

S&WGirl06

Sep 11, 2013
    Harford County
    For all the women that are interested in shooting The Machine Gun Nest in Frederick, MD is having an TMGN Women's Club Night at 6pm. I have attached the link and the description they have if you are interested.

http://www.themachinegunnest.com/instruction/

TMGN WOMENS CLUB

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

General:
    Mark your calendar ladies. December 28th. 6-8pm we are hosting the TMGN Women's Club. This one is going to be a bit more open house styled. Our hosts will be here to help answer questions, give advice, and just generally help explain what this club is really all about. Why go solo when you can have a helping hand? Take a night to yourself. We'll see you here!

What to Bring?
    - Notebook to take notes on tips and tricks for womens basic awareness. (this is taught in our first half of the meeting in the classroom)
    - Firearm and ammo - if you'd like to take part in the second half of our course and shoot with us on the lanes, feel free to bring your own firearms and ammo. *Ammunition is not allowed into classroom area while first half of meeting is going on.
    - Fun and Friendly attidtude to come meet other ladies just like you. Whether you are a beginner or expert shooter we'd love to welcome you to our ladies club

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Welcome! You're not alone. It was my wife that got ME into hunting and shooting. She was the farm girl and I was the city guy that never picked up a rifle until I met her.

I understand the struggle when you and your spouse are both shooters. Just try and keep a balance.
    Sometimes if I want a fancy new outfit or to just be taken out to a nice dinner I have to convince her that we'll have to wait on that pistol, rifle, or bulk ammo shipment.

BTW I get VERY LITTLE sympathy from the other guys regarding my predicament.

AGAIN WELCOME!!!

Mine got me in to it as well, but I think she regrets it.

I've never been anti-gun. Call it gun-curious my whole life. Well I got married fairly young and my wife has always been very anti-gun. We moved from Elkridge to Sykesville and a few months later got a new neighbor who was big in to hunting. About a year after that my wife suggested I try out hunting. Started with a muzzleloader because I was nervous at first (more about my wife than me) and after a successful early ML hunt, talked her in to letting me buy an 870 and Mossberg plinkster last Blackfriday. And then it snowballed.

Now we are at "if you buy another gun, we are going to have a problem" and "no. I draw the line at handguns."

I guess I can kind of see her point. In basically 18 months I went from nothing to an inline muzzleloader, a 12ga 870, 10/22 (sold the plinkster), Sako .308, Winchester 370 20ga, AR-15 and a couple of extra lowers. Fortunately those lowers had just been purchased before she put the kabosh on new guns.

Though I don't think she knew about them before she said no more. I've got a big renovation coming up and once that is done I think I can start working some more guns in around the edges. If nothing else I need more storage! My locker is basically out of room. At least she is on board with getting a real gun safe in the renovation. It'd be a shame not to get one with extra space. I mean, these things can get to multiplying all on their own and stuff.

She is reluctant to try shooting. As she put it, in part she is scared that she will enjoy it and isn't ready for that.

Whatever. She doesn't give me too much crap about hunting or going to the range.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Mine got me in to it as well, but I think she regrets it.

I've never been anti-gun. Call it gun-curious my whole life. Well I got married fairly young and my wife has always been very anti-gun. We moved from Elkridge to Sykesville and a few months later got a new neighbor who was big in to hunting. About a year after that my wife suggested I try out hunting. Started with a muzzleloader because I was nervous at first (more about my wife than me) and after a successful early ML hunt, talked her in to letting me buy an 870 and Mossberg plinkster last Blackfriday. And then it snowballed.

Now we are at "if you buy another gun, we are going to have a problem" and "no. I draw the line at handguns."

I guess I can kind of see her point. In basically 18 months I went from nothing to an inline muzzleloader, a 12ga 870, 10/22 (sold the plinkster), Sako .308, Winchester 370 20ga, AR-15 and a couple of extra lowers. Fortunately those lowers had just been purchased before she put the kabosh on new guns.

Though I don't think she knew about them before she said no more. I've got a big renovation coming up and once that is done I think I can start working some more guns in around the edges. If nothing else I need more storage! My locker is basically out of room. At least she is on board with getting a real gun safe in the renovation. It'd be a shame not to get one with extra space. I mean, these things can get to multiplying all on their own and stuff.

She is reluctant to try shooting. As she put it, in part she is scared that she will enjoy it and isn't ready for that.

Whatever. She doesn't give me too much crap about hunting or going to the range.

Buy her a One Year membership to a local range for Christmas... complete with a lesson and rental for the first session. :innocent0

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I naturally did that when I first shot was glad to have my husband point that out and as soon as I leaned more into it my group's got alot tighter

Then your husband knows what he is doing. Most men do not know that.

A lot of MEN shoot that way. :)

montigre

May 16, 2016
    I'm on here every day, but I don't post much. I'm also looking to get a lesson or two on rifle shooting as I have only shot open sights in the very distant past and am now set up with a scope. Don't know the first thing about it...

I really like milsurps also and have a bunch of SKSs, a few Mausers, an Arisaka wall hanger along with a gaggle of handguns ranging from 1870-2016 (American, Russian, Hungarian, E. German, Bulgarian, and Czech in that order). Bloody things just won't stop breeding in my safes..... haha!!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm on here every day, but I don't post much. I'm also looking to get a lesson or two on rifle shooting as I have only shot open sights in the very distant past and am now set up with a scope. Don't know the first thing about it...

I really like milsurps also and have a bunch of SKSs, a few Mausers, an Arisaka wall hanger along with a gaggle of handguns ranging from 1870-2016 (American, Russian, Hungarian, E. German, Bulgarian, and Czech in that order). Bloody things just won't stop breeding in my safes..... haha!!
    Where are you located? Somebody might be willing to help you out.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    For all the women that are interested in shooting The Machine Gun Nest in Frederick, MD is having an TMGN Women's Club Night at 6pm. I have attached the link and the description they have if you are interested.

http://www.themachinegunnest.com/instruction/

TMGN WOMENS CLUB

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

General:
    Mark your calendar ladies. December 28th. 6-8pm we are hosting the TMGN Women's Club. This one is going to be a bit more open house styled. Our hosts will be here to help answer questions, give advice, and just generally help explain what this club is really all about. Why go solo when you can have a helping hand? Take a night to yourself. We'll see you here!

What to Bring?
    - Notebook to take notes on tips and tricks for womens basic awareness. (this is taught in our first half of the meeting in the classroom)
    - Firearm and ammo - if you'd like to take part in the second half of our course and shoot with us on the lanes, feel free to bring your own firearms and ammo. *Ammunition is not allowed into classroom area while first half of meeting is going on.
    - Fun and Friendly attidtude to come meet other ladies just like you. Whether you are a beginner or expert shooter we'd love to welcome you to our ladies club

What's that? The bolded part. Hell I could teach that, if it's situational awareness. I was practically born with it. I'm a nervous nelly.

Oh and BTW, hi. I'm 44 and single, no kids, have aspergers, and my gun obsession has been waning. I'm not a very feminine woman. I hate pink lol. I am guessing I am what is called "gender fluid". I feel more male than female, yet I have big boobs and periods and stuff. I hate makeup ( it's fine for theatrical stuff, but I don't understand it for casual). I hate really girly stuff. I like guns, trapping, hunting, and taxidermy. I have been on/off obsessing with nightclub and other killer venue fires lately. Yeah, I am all around weird.

I'm also the longest term most active woman here, and shame on you guys in the early posts who didn't include me in the list of women here. Geeze. I haven't been posting much in several months. Mainly due to the negative attitudes and near bickering, and some lack of reading comprehension. Also, locker room talk. Leave it in the locker room guys. Maybe more women will stick around here longer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom