• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Does a Police Department typically own transferable machine guns? I guess I am used to think of Police Departments as having non-transferable MGs, but maybe that's only if they acquired them after 1986?
    Basically answered your own question there;)

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The above price list is for M1 and M1A1 Thompsons. The 1921s are worth a good bit more.

db_TSMG_Colt_1921AC2.gif

Does a Police Department typically own transferable machine guns? I guess I am used to think of Police Departments as having non-transferable MGs, but maybe that's only if they acquired them after 1986?

They used to. I guess smaller departments that have full autos might well have retained their older ones. In addition to Thompsons and M2 Carbines, you might also see the S&W M76 and M16A1s if they weren't loaned from the military.

marc357

Jan 27, 2008
    Woodbine, MD

Yep, that used to be the only kind, transferable. After '86 and the skyrocketing prices, dealers started offering PDs incredible trade in deals, 2-for1 deals, etc- to get their hands on those transferable guns.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Well yes and no. Yes if they were US made before May 19th 1986. And no if they were imported machine guns received after 68. Then they are pre samples if imported before may 19th 1986. Post samples after that date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom