• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'd ask if these twits understand that you can't buy match-grade ammunition at the local gun store, but the answer is "No."

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'd ask if these twits understand that you can't buy match-grade ammunition at the local gun store, but the answer is "No."

This is from the Gun Grabber Industry. There's BIG money to be had if you're stupid or greedy. Bloomberg, Soros, the Tides Foundation and the Silicon Valley tech tyrants are all very generous.

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Full text of Ammo bill is up. This bill needs to die on the vine.

Basically background check required unless you have one of the following:

THIS SUBTITLE DOES NOT APPLY TO THE SALE OR TRANSFER OF AMMUNITION BY AN AMMUNITION VENDOR TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
    (1) AN AMMUNITION VENDOR;
    (2) A PERSON WHO HOLDS A FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSE;
    (3) A PERSON WHO HOLDS A HANDGUN QUALIFICATION LICENSE;
    (4) A PERSON WHO PURCHASES OR RECEIVES AMMUNITION AT A TARGET FACILITY HOLDING A BUSINESS OR OTHER REGULATORY LICENSE, IF THE AMMUNITION IS AT ALL TIMES KEPT WITHIN THE FACILITY’S PREMISES;
    (5) A GUNSMITH;
    (6) A LICENSED FIREARM WHOLESALER;
    (7) A MANUFACTURER OR AN IMPORTER OF FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION DEFINED UNDER TITLE 18, § 921 OF THE U.S. CODE; AND
    (8) A PROPERLY IDENTIFIED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER INCLUDED UNDER § 3–101 OF THE PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE OR A PROPERLY

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    HB175 as currently writen requires a NICS check for ammo purchases. I wasn't aware that Federal law allows NICS to be used for any other purpose than transfer of an actual firearm as defined in Federal law. That fact alone should get the bill killed off, unless the Dems win both GA Senate seats and amend the Brady Act.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    HB175 as currently writen requires a NICS check for ammo purchases. I wasn't aware that Federal law allows NICS to be used for any other purpose than transfer of an actual firearm as defined in Federal law. That fact alone should get the bill killed off, unless the Dems win both GA Senate seats and amend the Brady Act.

Ask and ye shall receive. Nothing is off the table if GA falls.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC

The inconvenient fact that NICS can't be legally used the way MGA wants doesn't mean they won't pass this into state law anyway. Hopefully it won't go anywhere, but I won't count on it.

Meanwhile, what does HB200 do? I'm trying to read it and figure out the "for Dummies" version but am not quite sure.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Yep.... remember when they banned rapid fire trigger devices and wrote in a temporary exemption if the ATF validated that it was legal for you to own... of course there was no such mechanism for the ATF to validate that or respond to it in any official capacity, so... pfffttt... away wen the temporary exemption. This kind of stuff is intentional.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    The inconvenient fact that NICS can't be legally used the way MGA wants doesn't mean they won't pass this into state law anyway. Hopefully it won't go anywhere, but I won't count on it.

Meanwhile, what does HB200 do? I'm trying to read it and figure out the "for Dummies" version but am not quite sure.

HB-200 is nothing more than editing an existing law to cover any 'loop holes' they have discovered since it was passed. add some more feel good BS and expand on what the state can charge someone with.

EXPLANATION: CAPITALS INDICATE MATTER ADDED TO EXISTING LAW. [Brackets] indicate matter deleted from existing law

Example:

(c) (1) A person may not store or leave a [loaded] firearm in a location where
    the person knew or should have known that an unsupervised [child would] MINOR COULD gain access to the firearm.

Went from "child" to "minor" and went from "would" to "could"

The big catch all thing I keep seeing is they are moving from "loaded firearm" to simply "firearm" and adding ammunition to the language.

I would put 150% of the add on BS is because of the circumstances surrounding Mr Rittenhouse.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    HB-200 is nothing more than editing an existing law to cover any 'loop holes' they have discovered since it was passed. add some more feel good BS and expand on what the state can charge someone with.

Example:

Went from "child" to "minor" and went from "would" to "could"

The big catch all thing I keep seeing is they are moving from "loaded firearm" to simply "firearm" and adding ammunition to the language.

I would put 150% of the add on BS is because of the circumstances surrounding Mr Rittenhouse.

They wanted to pass that last year. "Would" to "could" is pretty serious. There are a lot of safes that I'm absolutely sure 17 year old me COULD have gotten into. I don't think it is possible for me to secure all of my ammo in such a way that a minor with the tools and skills I had as a teenager could not access.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    They wanted to pass that last year. "Would" to "could" is pretty serious. There are a lot of safes that I'm absolutely sure 17 year old me COULD have gotten into. I don't think it is possible for me to secure all of my ammo in such a way that a minor with the tools and skills I had as a teenager could not access.

Agreed.

Not that it means much but there is this 'get out of jail' exemption.
    This section does not apply if

The [child’s] MINOR’S access to a firearm was obtained as a result of an 12
    unlawful entry.

Sirex