• JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I'm hoping at least one of the plaintiffs (or through organizational standing) has absolutely no justifiable need other than that of the average citizen looking for self defense.
    It gets me nervous that we could get to SCOTUS and then end up with another NYSRPA situation in which NJ carves out firearms dealers/instructors and other cash/valuables carriers in order to moot the case. I believe the Cheeseman case which was denied last year along with all the others had a plaintiff who wasn't claiming anything other than self defense.

Perhaps the asking for monetary relief satisfies this? Or could NJ buy their way out of a cert grant too?

It's not going to matter. The senate is already lost. One of the first things that this new administration is going to do is urge Congress to stack the court with at least 4 more justices, all of whom will be far left anti 2A. Any anti gun control litigation won't even be heard by a court with a 8-5 majority.

Again, this brings around the question...what's more important to you...your freedom or your status as law abiding? You can only ignore it for so long..

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    While I feel the mootness in NYSRPA was forced by Roberts, he doesn't have the numbers (for now). And he's just the weasel to vote for the majority as long as his vote doesn't matter.

I foresee 6-3 outcomes.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    It's not going to matter. The senate is already lost. One of the first things that this new administration is going to do is urge Congress to stack the court with at least 4 more justices, all of whom will be far left anti 2A. Any anti gun control litigation won't even be heard by a court with a 8-5 majority.

Again, this brings around the question...what's more important to you...your freedom or your status as law abiding? You can only ignore it for so long..

If its stacked, what's the number to grant cert? Does that stay at 4. If so, anti-2A jurist on SCOTUS will vote cert in every case to get 8-5 majorities every time.

If its stacked, no pro-2A case will ask for cert. Just the threat of a bad precedence will allow the communist states to pass whatever law they want. It will be pro-2A states that will urge plaintiffs not to seek cert.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    If its stacked, what's the number to grant cert? Does that stay at 4. If so, anti-2A jurist on SCOTUS will vote cert in every case to get 8-5 majorities every time.

If its stacked, no pro-2A case will ask for cert. Just the threat of a bad precedence will allow the communist states to pass whatever law they want. It will be pro-2A states that will urge plaintiffs not to seek cert.

I think SCOTUS determines the number needed to grant cert. With a packed court that number would have to increase otherwise the court would be accepting more cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom