• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Do they not realize that much of their money (besides our taxes) comes from the tourism and hospitality industries? Nobody will go there who doesn’t have to do so. When this all goes down and DC has become another Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, etc; they are gonna lose a metric sh!t-ton of money. Then they will be dependent on the Fed government. They’ll probably ask for NG (unarmed) and this will get worse.

They complained about gentrification, they’ve found a way to stop that but at the expense of public safety

School field trips and chartered bus trips are cancelled anyway due to COVID19. However, bus trips make up a significant portion of the visitors to the mall area in DC. If it becomes unsafe from a crime standpoint, poof, that ends.

chen t

May 20, 2020
    IIRC MPD has a pending shortage of officer due to retirements. Murders have been trending up for the last ~7 or so years. Neighborhoods like Columbia Heights that were rapidly improving have been trending downward. Among the residents I know (even the ACAB leftists), MPD is highly respected and appreciated.

Effective policing saves lives of all races. This is ABSOLUTELY the wrong decision for all of DC. :mad54:

I’m a Columbia heights resident and Nadeau is garbage. Hopefully the housing market doesn’t nosedive in the 3-5 years I need to make money back on the home in purchased to raise a family. Because I’m ready to get the hell out of here. People like nadeau are chasing out folks like me who want to raise a family and invest in the community.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I’m a Columbia heights resident and Nadeau is garbage. Hopefully the housing market doesn’t nosedive in the 3-5 years I need to make money back on the home in purchased to raise a family. Because I’m ready to get the hell out of here. People like nadeau are chasing out folks like me who want to raise a family and invest in the community.

Here’s the funny part I’ve never been stopped so much in my life. I’m on the other side of the river and the residents over here are thanking us left and right but when i gotta run downtown the young kids who don’t even live here are cussing me out lol.

I won’t break my thank yous down by race but i will say it’s not what you expect

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Here’s the funny part I’ve never been stopped so much in my life. I’m on the other side of the river and the residents over here are thanking us left and right but when i gotta run downtown the young kids who don’t even live here are cussing me out lol.

I won’t break my thank yous down by race but i will say it’s not what you expect

About half my patients are black. Much of our office staff are black. We talk about current events. Most folks I talk to agree that there needs to be some sort of police reform, but don’t feel the racism the media portrays. They generally think the left is loony.

chen t

May 20, 2020

I’m assuming you’re LEO? I try to thank ours around here. I thanked one during the protests and said “stay safe out there” and literally shock on his face that someone said that. It’s not easy over here. They get shit on and people just trying to lure them into doing something for the cameras.

Last year I saw them arresting someone on 14th outside of the area where all the shootings happen and saw what i could only guess was an illegal firearm. People were yelling from their balconies and a guy had his stereo system out there blasting “f the police” by NWA.

And the kids are the worst. But hey let’s not hold them accountable for anything under 18 because magically when they turn 19, they will suddenly stop breaking into cars and robbing folks.

euchoreo

Apr 6, 2013
    Writing software is actually a lot like writing policy. You're basically creating strict rules that will be put into a big system. Software development is basically the act of translating intent into a set of strict rules like policies or laws and I can assure you that smart, non-emotional, experienced, well intentioned people make mistakes every day. The legal world is very similar.

Will probably work:Tested, proven-effective rules/laws

Will probably NOT work the first time: Dispassionately written and reviewed laws written by people experienced at fixing issues where intent and result don't match. This includes vetted processes for simulating how the new law would effect the real world and all the consequences

Will do more harm that good: Laws written by people inexperienced in fixing problems and reviewed by rookies (eg media/the crowd)

How can it be worse than this?: Emotionally written rules, which is basically just setting yourself on fire.

We're at stage 4. At this point, the intent behind the laws is completely irrelevant. It makes as much sense as having a random person who lost a family member in a plane crash design and review a new fix and force every new airline to use the new plane. In this analogy, the engineers exist, but no one has listened to them in over 100 years.

This is basically where we're at. Every time the public gets excited, hoards of people want to pass any law that feels vaguely correct. To me, that sounds the same as getting surgery from a team of people who have no medical knowledge or experience, but FEEL something about health. It's insane.

Let's not forget the doctrine "never waste a good crisis". This law is not even designed to fix the problem that the public is worried about. The goal of this law is to

- Raise popularity of the law makers with the crowd
    - Give more power these law makers or their cronies
    - Create the illusion that SOMETHING was done.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    On the contrary, it's exactly what you'd expect if you didn't follow the lame stream media. Probably 5-1 the amount of black folks telling me to stay safe or thanking me as white folks.

Most black people are decent and hardworking and appreciate the fact that most cops are also decent and hardworking. They aren't afraid to sort support the majority, while protesting the very small minority that tarnish the badge. I truly appreciate the support, because it shows me that people understand that even though we're both white cops, they realize that I'm not Derek Chauven.

Meanwhile, the liberal guilty white people don't know what to do, so they act out in public... but then are the first people to call police when they see a black person in their neighborhood.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gcwood

Continental Soldier
    Jun 26, 2013
    DC needs to go back to being a Federal City

What a joke. The right to vote? This shows that DC can't even handle home rule!! It was a LOT better when it was run by the Federal government!

chen t

May 20, 2020
    What a joke. The right to vote? This shows that DC can't even handle home rule!! It was a LOT better when it was run by the Federal government!

At least if it was federally run nothing would get done. Which is way better than what this extreme activist council is doing.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County

LRoberts

Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Here's my question, can the council pass such a thing if the terms of it violate the city's contracts/agreements with the local fop?

I sure hope not. I've never seen a city/county council yet that was worth a sh*t! Most of them are pus-gutted morons who are legends in their own minds. :lol: "Do as I say, not as I do".

LRoberts

Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Direct implications on a very large FEDERAL EMPLOYEE workforce.

Direct implications on tourists.

Direct implications on professional sports fans who attend venues in the District.

This is a great example of HOME RULE gone bad. These folks are not governing. Instead they are presiding over the Cognitive destabilization of society.

It’s Aussie...no rules, just LEFT.

THIS IS WHAT 'AFFIRMATIVE ACTION' HAS GOTTEN US, FOLKS! Self-endowed "reparations".

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'm with you, mate. This, as well as Atlanta, The Big Easy, L.A., Detroit, Minneapolis, Austin, Houston, Miami, et al, just goes to show ya what happens when we give 'em "self rule".

Also another reason we had segregation.

Oh well... 'nuf said.

No “mate” i am 100% not with you!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll give you a short period to clarify before i report. We dont condone racism around here and if that’s what your putting down don’t lump me in with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom