Really cool new Spyderco Knives in the pipeline for 2014...which do you want?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    OK, I am so excited I have to tell someone. Spyderco has noted they want to make 2014 a very memorable year. They have some really cool stuff for 2014 that are both in-house designs and collabs with makers they have not worked with before... (a few of these are already out, but still are cool enough to mention!)

-The C170 Karahawk is a waved karambit designed by Sal himself, and is possibly the most anticipated knife Spyderco has made in the past decade! This is probably the first mass-production and lower-cost karambit that is capable of challenging the awesome Emerson folding karambit line. Spyderco's original karambit was nice, but it lacked a wave, and it was very heavy and the pocket clip wasn't great. The Karahawk uses G10 for lighter weight, a more aggressive blade grind, better ergos, and a new low-ride pocket clip. It's design will permit both traditional and contemporary technique.
    spyderco_amsterdammeet2013_prototype_karahawk.jpg

-C01 Worker Sprint - The ORIGINAL folding knife of of folding knives, the Spyderco C01 Worker, is back for a Sprint Run. This was THE knife that started them all and any one-handed opener traces its lineage to this blade!
    Spyderco_Worker_C01GP_Sprint_Run_Folding_Pocket_Knife_VG10_Stainless_Steel_Saber_Ground_Plain_Edge_Blade_Green_G10_Handle.png

-C06 Tusk Marlin - This specialty knife uses a new titanium ball-bearing lock, excellent ergos, and a unique built-in Marlin Spike.
    Spyderco_Tusk_C06TIP_Prototype_Folding_Pocket_Knife_LC_200_N_Stainless_Steel_Hollow_Ground_Plain_Edge_Blade_Spike_Titanium_Handle.png

(bigger image showing the functions)

-C169 Clipitool Scissors - at only $25 bucks and with a standard stainless steel, this knife doesn't look exciting, but it is!...it has completely usable scissors on it that also can open bottles and act like a screwdriver! Prototypes with other tools were made and may also be seen in the future.
    spyderco_amsterdammeet2013_conceptmodel_clipitool_tools.jpg

-C168 Battlestation - Tanto blades penetrate, but often at the expense of cutting...clip points cut but lack tip strength. The Battlestation takes this into account and is using a grind that will give the penetration capability of a tanto, the tip-work abilities and ease of sharpening of a clip point, and the slicing ability of a deep hollow grind...all held together with one of the strongest locks ever used on a folder (similar to what was used on the Chinook and original Manix). Spyderco calls the blade a "hybrid tanto" and those who have used it really talk highly of it
    spyderco_amsterdammeet2013_prototype_battlestation.jpg

-C90 Damascus Stretch - This awesome addition to an awesome line is one of Spyderco's most recent damascus projects, which have become very popular among Spyderco collectors.
    C90GFBLPD_DL1_large2_90278_zps50c82421.jpg

spyderco-c90gfblpd-detail.jpg

-C36TIFP Military - The first run of titanium Military models were one of the fast sprints to sell. These are so popular that they often sell for 3 times that of full retail! Now, Spyderco has a new titanium C36 Military with a Reeve frame lock!...except it is now blue and has a WICKED pattern much like those coming from Wilson Combat. With the colored process, technically every single one will look different, giving it uniqueness.
    http://www.osograndeknives.com/images/products/large_5069_SP-C36TIFP.jpg
    438e986683be5245e3e81a24ee0a3c9d.jpg

(picture of the original run)

-C41 Native5 - Now with premium S35VN steel and textured titanium, the flagship Native line takes it up a few notches.
    spyderco-native-C41tifp.jpg

-C152 Chaparral 3 - The new Chaparral combines CTS-XHP super steel (possibly the best knife steel ever), titanium handles, and a beefed up back lock. Many people have called this one of the top EDC knives ever made. It's titanium texturing is one of the most unique titanium finishes around.
    spyderco_amsterdammeet2013_conceptmodel_chaparral3.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2013_conceptmodel_chaparral3_pivot.jpg

-C167 Friction - As a collab with Filip De Leeuw, a knife came about that was solid, reliable, and a work of art. I can't even begin to describe how unusual and awesome this knife is...
    Spyderco-Friction-Folder-G-10-Plain-Edge-Knife.jpg

-C156 Southard Flipper - Spyderco's Paramilitary in 204P Super Steel was huge. Now, a Brad Southard collab that will use titanium and G10 handles with a frame lock sport a blade of 204P Carpenter steel...204P has really gained some attention as it is a great steel. The Southard Flipper isn't completely new, but in this steel it is.

Also...
    -At least 3 new automatic folders
    -A few new rescue folders including an automatic (C165 Autonomy)
    -A few fixed blade Lum collabs
    -Numerous new and current folders will see runs with Super Blue steel...which is incredible stuff
    -A full line of in-house bead products for lanyards!
    -This list is actually only a fraction of everything in the pipeline that is currently being or about to be released!!!

Most big Spyderco dealers are starting to get these on the web for preorder
    I give this link to Knifecenter because they are a MD business and happen to have the most of the new knives already up

Ok, now what are you getting? :)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wow, wonderful review on the new product line. I got my first Spyderco sometime in the early to mid 1990s in Seattle when I was dating a climber chick and their knives were all the rage after that Stallone flick. Still carry one today, but looks like it's time for an update. Thanks for putting in the time for a detailed and media rich update. :thumbs up:

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    The Chapparal, Flipper and Damascus all seem so badass. The hybrid tanto is appealing as well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Rutterkind

Aug 19, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I have carried an Endura fully serrated everyday since I got it as a Christmas gift in 1996. It saw 4 years in the Army with me cutting through all manner of rope, tow cables (nylon), and what not. Still on my belt now. I bought my father-in-law a new one for Christmas this year (I do not remember the model name) and was disappointed to see China etched on the blade.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    Handled the Karahawk about a week ago at ye ole. It was pretty cool but still overpriced for me. Felt good and deployed well.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Yea, that Karahawk looks pretty bad ass, but too much on the budget for now....maybe later. But it sure does look great....for that price, it better not say China on it!!!! Hahahahahahahaha

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    IIRC the Kerahawk is a VG-10 blade and G10 handles so it's a 'Steel City', Japan blade make but likely a US assembly as Spyderco does most of their G10 work in-house now. I've got one on order so we'll see. For a folding kerambit, as much as it is it's actually pretty reasonably priced as the only other widely-available folding kerambit with similar features is the Emerson (they make a small and large model...IIRC the Spyderco will be in between). The Emersons are quite expensive as well...and there aren't many other options, especially with a wave which has become very popular among many kerambit users who carry a folding version (of a knife that in historical senses has come from fixed blades.) I am really looking forward to getting it...I've historically carried and used the Spyderco Civilian/Matriarch family, but have always liked the kerambit and figure now is a good time to learn.

...but what would REALLY make me giddy would be a trainer...taping up a kerambit to train is by nature a difficult thing to do with so/so results!!!

I've also been toying ordering a Chaparral 3...the ti is so unique and the steel on it is incredible.

I also was told that Spyderco may produce multiple runs of the Paramilitary 2 in CTS-XHP, 204P, M390, ELMAX, and/or S35VN given how popular the sprint runs were and how big the demand has been both during and after production!

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I just want to be able to find some Spyderco Paramilitary 2s in stock.... It is the perfect Spyderco IMHO

EdgeWorks has them locally...camo and black.

I was there getting a Sebenza 25 the other day. They also had many of the Spydercos listed in this thread. They have a Chaparral Titanium which in person is even crazier in engraving than the pictures!

EvilOlive

Salty Marine
    Dec 13, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    So I was lucky enough to stop by the spyderco factory store last week. The titanium knives are stunning. The pictures don't do them justice. Expect a pretty small run, as they tear up the tooling pretty bad from what I was told.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    There should be a TON of spydie sprint runs this year, some look better than others, then came along the ZT 0562CF. Thinner and lighter than the 560, in M390 with CF scale/Ti framelock, and Hinderer slicer grind, should be an awesome blade.

1512613_640229636036070_259568582_n.jpg

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I've had this one since '85-'86. Back in the day, I managed a marina and worked on charters in OC and it's cut everything from steel leaders to reinforced steel firehoses to stabbing the occasional ornery shark thrashing on the end of a gut hook :D
    No play in the blade and still locks tight.

Until Joppa posted that auto, I'd never dreamed of another knife. If there's a legal way for me to own that one-I'll buy it!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      65.1 KB · Views: 811

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads