• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    What WWII rifle killed Bugsy Siegel on the tv show Mob City on the TNT network? Post your answers or pic.

Jul 1, 2012
    Based on records most likely a 30 cal carbine...

And it does indeed look an awful lot like an earlier M1 carbine (Type I flip sight) with possibly a later M2 pot-belly stock and high-wood hand-guard. Let the corrections begin ...

Attachments

• m1.jpg
      m1.jpg
      11 KB · Views: 175

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    And it does indeed look an awful lot like an earlier M1 carbine (Type I flip sight) with possibly a later M2 pot-belly stock and high-wood hand-guard. Let the corrections begin ...

You are correct sir probably would have been fitted with the ramp style sight since it's a high wood .

Jul 1, 2012
    You are correct sir probably would have been fitted with the ramp style sight since it's a high wood .

My bad on the "high wood" hand guard, they're the same regardless it looks like (at least my high wood and low wood stocked M1 examples have the same hand guard). Had to move my big Johnson (1941) out of the way to get to them... :)

For the sights, it's the other way around, right? high wood stock = early, flip sight = early. In the show it's a low-wood stock but it looks fatter than a standard M1. But even after slow-mo'ing I really couldn't tell. It's supposedly the same carbine used throughout the series but I haven't watched the whole thing yet. Maybe there's a better scene that shows it more clearly. But it doesn't have the Korean-era bayo lug like so many do, so they got that right.

BTW - that was one of the most gruesome scenes I've ever seen on "public" cable. wow. Put's a whole new spin on "you'll shoot your eye out".

Early, all-correct Standard Products with Type I sight and high wood stock ...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      33.9 KB · Views: 113
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      28.3 KB · Views: 107

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    My bad on the "high wood" hand guard, they're the same regardless it looks like (at least my high wood and low wood stocked M1 examples have the same hand guard). Had to move my big Johnson (1941) out of the way to get to them... :)

For the sights, it's the other way around, right? high wood stock = early, flip sight = early. In the show it's a low-wood stock but it looks fatter than a standard M1. But even after slow-mo'ing I really couldn't tell. It's supposedly the same carbine used throughout the series but I haven't watched the whole thing yet. Maybe there's a better scene that shows it more clearly. But it doesn't have the Korean-era bayo lug like so many do, so they got that right.

BTW - that was one of the most gruesome scenes I've ever seen on "public" cable. wow. Put's a whole new spin on "you'll shoot your eye out".

Great job! :rockon: I you win the 1st ever "2013 C&R Annual Trivia Award"

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010

That's a beauty, thanks to O Malley I bought an Inland Paratrooper since they are now banned.I will do a thread on it soon it's a killer all current late 43 one.hard to find at a decent price.

Jul 1, 2012
    That's a beauty, thanks to O Malley I bought an Inland Paratrooper since they are now banned.I will do a thread on it soon it's a killer all current late 43 one.hard to find at a decent price.

Love to see some pics, that's on my hit list. Add to the hard-to-find part: one that is still all original and/or actually began it's life as a real M1-A1 :) I thought it was still legal since it only has one evil feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom