Felony pocession of an Assault magazine?????

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Also underage to purchase or own a handgun, did they charge him with that also?

Basically yes. Possession by a minor. Should have piled on possesion by otherwise prohibited while they are trying to pile on. Maybe drooling on sidewalk as spitting in public.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Haha, please. If this dude was sacked out at the end of your driveway or even in your neighborhood you would be the first one to call the police then have a tizzy fit when they didn't show up fast enough.

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Haha, please. If this dude was sacked out at the end of your driveway or even in your neighborhood you would be the first one to call the police then have a tizzy fit when they didn't show up fast enough.

If the guy was banging on my door in the middle of the night, I would call the police. If he broke down the door, I would shoot him.

You have no idea what I will and will not put up with on my street. Sitting in my driveway, I would call the cops. Sitting out on the road, meh.

Heck, you do not even know what the guy looked like, Plus, I know bastards that wear suits and great people that look "rough".

I have picked up my brother in DC, drunk as can be, sitting on the sidewalk waiting for me.

Presume and assume all you want, and you know what they say about assuming.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Added on charges for use during crime? So he is found guilty that day, hmm.
    Would all these extra charges (for the guilty only) tend to sway or give the judge or jury guilty thoughts before even hearing the case? Curious if a good lawyer could have a decision thrown out for some legal reason regarding preconditioning jurors/judge before even seeing the accused. If found guilty then charge the bad guy?

I'm reaching, sorry.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Also underage to purchase or own a handgun, did they charge him with that also?

Basically yes. Possession by a minor. Should have piled on possesion by otherwise prohibited while they are trying to pile on. Maybe drooling on sidewalk as spitting in public.

Perfectly legal to own and possess a handgun in Maryland if under 21, how else do you think those under 21 get armed security guard carry permits?

Hankhank

Jan 31, 2012
    Baltimore County
    (b)(1) A person who uses an assault weapon, a rapid fire trigger activator, or a magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition, in the commission of a felony or a crime of violence as defined in § 5-101 of the Public Safety Article is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction, in addition to any other sentence imposed for the felony or crime of violence, shall be sentenced under this subsection.

stupid

Jun 13, 2013

Hey genius did you read the part where he said 'NOT AFFECTING OTHERS'??? Obviously if someone was passed out on the end of the driveway they would be affecting other people. Reading comprehension is hard. Also so is having empathy.

Bigpapa

Enthusiast
    Apr 18, 2011
    MD
    ??

What the crap is an assault weapon magazine?? And how is it illegal in MD to have more than a 10 round magazine....

This is the second time I've heard this as a friend was red flagged by his crazy ex gf, the police gave his guns back EXCEPT the magazines that were over 10 rounds that were loaded.. they were "illegal"... wth.....

did I miss something?

What about the guy referenced above who committed no crime and magazines were not returned? If it's found there was no valid ground to confiscate why was he not made whole again by returning what was taken?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    The return

What about the guy referenced above who committed no crime and magazines were not returned? If it's found there was no valid ground to confiscate why was he not made whole again by returning what was taken?

My thoughts, as well

RNB3

Apr 24, 2019
    in dem mountinz
    Funny...

Only the police and military should have high-capacity 30 caliber double barrel assault clips!!!!

Hahaha! This is hilarious... the only thing not funny is I actually know people who say stuff like this and are not joking. I still have someone in my close circle who refers to magazines as 'clips'... makes me cringe everytime.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I agree, well said.

Also, even if the firearm is given back, the magazines are probably kept because for the police to confiscate them is legal... For them to give them back is a transfer of a high-capacity magazine, which is expressly illegal.

Which is, off course, what the Antis want. Break ANY law while in possession of a high-cap mag, and the crime is doubled, and the mag is gone. Confiscation by passive-agressive measures

Wonder if he got charged for "transferring " magazine to police?

Someone should try that if ever "questioned" "I can't let you take that mag because that would be a transfer!"

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Wonder if he got charged for "transferring " magazine to police?

Someone should try that if ever "questioned" "I can't let you take that mag because that would be a transfer!"

No, there is a caveat in the law that states that an LEO can receive a hi-cap mag for official use or while on official police business

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Magazine Capacity

It's like double the fine if speeding in a school or construction zone. Not illegal to own HC mag, but illegal to commit a crime with one. Just make sure when you do commit a crime in MD to switch to your 10 Rd magazines :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom