• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Wow - heavily considering this. I've got a lower I've been sitting on since around 2013 that I have yet to do a build on - this is pretty much dirt cheap for this kind of rifle.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I just went to the site - they have 3 different blem rifle kits for $269. What's the difference between a 16" heavy carbine rifle kit and a 16" heavy mid length rifle kit? Seems to me they'd be the same thing.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I just went to the site - they have 3 different blem rifle kits for $269. What's the difference between a 16" heavy carbine rifle kit and a 16" heavy mid length rifle kit? Seems to me they'd be the same thing.
    So after a couple of minutes of Google-fu, I came to the conclusion that the two have (potentially) slightly different gas operating systems. Allegedly an order may have been placed for a rifle kit which may or may not be a 16" heavy mid length kit. I can neither confirm nor deny anything.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Dang! I looks like I may have, allegedly, gotten the last one. Honestly, I was kind of surprised they were still available at that price today - I tried to buy one on Friday evening, but I was doing it over my phone, and for some reason, it declined the credit card I was trying to use, although I suspect it was more due to the browser on my phone. Then I sat on it all weekend. Today I decided it was going to be a Christmas present - literally, I won't actually get it in my hands until Christmas, but that's ok - it will give me something to do over Christmas break.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Many thanks for posting this Alphabrew, I grabbed one as well when they were available after seeing this thread. Heck of a deal!

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Guys, get on their email list!!!!!!

I get a deal a week from them! Never had any issues with my Del-Tons!

Lastest deal is a 20" Govt Profile rifle kit, that I may get for the kit part alone! Comes with an A2 butt stock, spring and buffer. $322

Yeah if you don't have a pre 2013 upper may be an issue.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Received my mid-length heavy blem kit the other day, can’t find even the slightest hint of a scratch or defect on it..no idea why it was considered a blem but I’ll take it! Really happy with it for the price. May have to grab another if that deal pops up again.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Guys, get on their email list!!!!!!

I get a deal a week from them! Never had any issues with my Del-Tons!

Lastest deal is a 20" Govt Profile rifle kit, that I may get for the kit part alone! Comes with an A2 butt stock, spring and buffer. $322

Yeah if you don't have a pre 2013 upper may be an issue.

pre 2013 upper ?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Received my mid-length heavy blem kit the other day, can’t find even the slightest hint of a scratch or defect on it..no idea why it was considered a blem but I’ll take it! Really happy with it for the price. May have to grab another if that deal pops up again.

Check bolt carrier front - mine had the black wore-off/not applied.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Still haven’t built mine from one of the deals earlier this year. I consider this the MD-legal equivalent of the Palmetto State Armory kits, since PSA never has HBARs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom