• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Fox45 news - upcoming Cover Story on gun laws tonight after the 10:23 pm commercial break.

Pic of Sharpshooters gun store

Showed a newpaper front page about the shooting with an AR-15 incorrectly on the front

Discussed mental health issues

Eleanor Holmes Norton talked about places with lax gun laws and the need for nationwide laws.

People said gun control is less important than tax reform

Ugh. Frosh on blabbing about gun violence and implementing best practices with licensing

Someone commented on Facebook said, "How are those strict Drug laws doing?"

S1owJam

Bad Man Stopper Man
    Jan 10, 2013
    Abingdon, MD
    I saw that. It's so sad that there's no care for mental health reform. My wife is doing her dissertation for psychology, and every time this subject comes up about gun reform, she starts huffing and puffing about how nobody gives a rat's ass about the real problem.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I saw that. It's so sad that there's no care for mental health reform. My wife is doing her dissertation for psychology, and every time this subject comes up about gun reform, she starts huffing and puffing about how nobody gives a rat's ass about the real problem.

Mental health care always has and always will be the elephant in the room/taboo. It's amazing we don't lobotomize people anymore, but beyond that there's really been NO movement of mental health care. Shit, it's easier to take guns away; after they do we'll all get labeled as crazies before they come after us...

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    People with mental issues can still vote, a gun can not. I hope they wake up one day and fix the mental health issue(s).

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD

Um, actually many of the 2A proponents HAVE addressed the issue (Ted Cruz had a bill proposed in the Senate that was shot down.) by "Nobody" she actually means the media, Hollywood, and the Liberals.

Remember, if they actually FIXED problems, there would be fewer problems to fix. Instead, they just make up new problems while ignoring the chaos they created in the first place.

S1owJam

Bad Man Stopper Man
    Jan 10, 2013
    Abingdon, MD
    Um, actually many of the 2A proponents HAVE addressed the issue (Ted Cruz had a bill proposed in the Senate that was shot down.) by "Nobody" she actually means the media, Hollywood, and the Liberals.

Remember, if they actually FIXED problems, there would be fewer problems to fix. Instead, they just make up new problems while ignoring the chaos they created in the first place.

You're right, there have been proposed solutions to help the growing mental health issue, but that's all they have been, proposed. And like you said nothing has come from any of it.

What I meant was that there is evidence that shows this guy wasn't right and needed help, but nobody seems to put that in the spotlight.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    You're right, there have been proposed solutions to help the growing mental health issue, but that's all they have been, proposed. And like you said nothing has come from any of it.

What I meant was that there is evidence that shows this guy wasn't right and needed help, but nobody seems to put that in the spotlight.

I doubt we will ever make progress with these folks. Their belief system thinks people are inherently good at their core, so they have to find something else to blame. Heaven forbid the choices people make end up being the real issue. That leaves the liberal thinker out of control of his destiny. :sad20:

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    A large percentage of these sensational mass killings, as well as school violence of all types are committed by individuals on psychotopic drugs- specifically a class of drugs called SSRI's (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors). These drugs make billions for the pharmaceutical industry who has a much stronger lobby effort in government than even the NRA. We are talking deep pockets. As well as that they are huge consumers of media advertising (ie- the media has a distinct motive for NOT reporting pharmaceutical involvement in violence).
    But guns are low hanging fruit- and much easier to get an ill informed populace worked up over firearm issues.

Another thought- if someone is not mentally competent to own a firearm, or had forfeited that right by criminal action, how can they be competent to vote? Maybe eligibility to vote needs to be tied to eligibility to own a firearm. After all, isn't the vote far more powerful than a gun?

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    They're here. They're ready. They're just keeping their cards low.

Nothing can be done about the SB281 implementation, well, until it's implemented.

I don't know any details, but this will be a carefully crafted action, I think.

The NRA could make a proactive move on the social security number issue, and help cause MD to get overloaded with distractions.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    andddddddddddd its almost 10/1 wheres the NRA for MARYLAND at???? cool they helped colorado but where are they for us

Where are they for MD? They put out a press release about the upcoming COMAR hearings on Sept 23rd. As for SB281, as mentioned before, they are queing up, but don't expect them, or anyone else getting ready for a law suit, to provide any information as to what they have planned until the law takes affect.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The NRA could make a proactive move on the social security number issue, and help cause MD to get overloaded with distractions.

The PII issue is still being pushed and worked on, as is the SSN issue. Is it public? No. Why? Do you tell your opponent what your next three moves are going to be playing chess, checkers, whatever?

Suffice to say, the State and MSP have had an outside organization look at the PII issue and they shit a small load when they were told the f&%ked it up royally.

Neither issue is dead by a long shot, just because it isn't covered in the media or posted about here on a daily/hourly basis.

briwayjones

A large percentage of these sensational mass killings, as well as school violence of all types are committed by individuals on psychotopic drugs- specifically a class of drugs called SSRI's (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors). These drugs make billions for the pharmaceutical industry who has a much stronger lobby effort in government than even the NRA. We are talking deep pockets. As well as that they are huge consumers of media advertising (ie- the media has a distinct motive for NOT reporting pharmaceutical involvement in violence).
    But guns are low hanging fruit- and much easier to get an ill informed populace worked up over firearm issues.

So what are you saying exactly? The drugs should be banned? That's no different than libs blaming guns for crime instead of people. And saying take the guns away and crime will stop. I'm getting sick of people who don't really know anything about SSRIs saying they are responsible. I don't feel like making a full post on the subject right at this moment. But it's coming.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA

Another thought- if someone is not mentally competent to own a firearm, or had forfeited that right by criminal action, how can they be competent to vote? Maybe eligibility to vote needs to be tied to eligibility to own a firearm. After all, isn't the vote far more powerful than a gun?

Let's not forget where a large percentage (if not all?) of these "mass killings" occur in areas where it would be illegal to lawfully carry a firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom