• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Sgt Preston here...

Interesting, looks like the Republican Party is giving up in Merry-Land...

Smart move Pipkin, banging your head against the wall just can't get it done here in the "Land of the Libs"...

Get ready for Round 2 of Gun & Fun Control beginning in January...

Unfortuantely this. I think the only hand we have is the DINO movement. We need to focus on that.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    True...

People can infer all they want, but the good Senator has earned the right to have his own reasons.

I'll be bothered to see him go, but I will never get between anyone and what they truly believe is in their own best interests.

Here, here! (In the absence of a Like button!)

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Another one bites the dust.

Why is it that all the GOOD reps and senators are from up here and they are the only ones bowing out?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Seriously?! I don't think this community has a better ally than Mr. Smiegel.

And with the environment of this state I would hate to see what an enemy would do

He is the likely replacement.

Tell me that was in jest

Please don't post again until you take your meds.

can't take meds anymore or I will be banned from owning firearms

Pipkin saw the writing on the wall hopefully he will get back in politics when he hits the friendly state of Texas

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I chose to resign now, rather than serve out my term, which ends in January 2015, in order to give the Republican who fills the 36th District Senate seat the advantage of serving the people until he or she runs for re-election.

Never thought about it that way, but it makes sense. This way there will be a Republican incumbent come election time.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    I am pretty upset that my Senator is leaving. He is my friend and I will miss him and his wife very much. He is leaving for new opportunities that he laid out today and whilst I was as surprised as anyone, family must come first and I am happy for them.

The other side of this is that Mike Smigiel is, in fact, seeking the Senate appointment and that is good news- as a "gun girl", his friend and yup, as his Chief of Staff. I'll let you know what happens.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I am pretty upset that my Senator is leaving. He is my friend and I will miss him and his wife very much. He is leaving for new opportunities that he laid out today and whilst I was as surprised as anyone, family must come first and I am happy for them.

The other side of this is that Mike Smigiel is, in fact, seeking the Senate appointment and that is good news- as a "gun girl", his friend and yup, as his Chief of Staff. I'll let you know what happens.

God speed.

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm disappointed to find out about this, but not surprised. I'm surprised Pipkin's head hasn't exploded yet.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville

Sorry to see the Senator leave. Will miss seeing him waving out of the back of his pickup during the campaigns. He had a style about him.

Am happy to hear Delegate Smigiel is looking for a "promotion" that is good news. Now who will replace him as our delegate and on judiciary?

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Because SMU doesn't offer the degree online & you can't be a MD State Senator AND live in Texas? Sadly. Why does there have to be a reason other than that which he's already stated? There doesn't *have* to be some secret or unstated reason.

That and I hear America is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom