• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Not if you are engaged in one of the allowed activities under MD 4-203.

Ie., going to the range, a gun shop or an organize shooting event. When I go to VA, I'm always going to the NRA Range.

see?

Wilda

Jan 21, 2013
    Westminster
    I just sent mine out for VA. I read the directions a million times, watched the fingerprint guy like a hawk to ensure he was doing it properly, and then screwed up my own fingerprint card accidentally filling in my employer's address when they said not to. Fiance did the same thing when he got his and it didn't seem to matter.

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    Can someone recommend a place to get fingerprint cards done? If i'm not mistaken it has to be by a LEO and none use ink cards anymore. BTW I am in the Parkville area of Baltimore County. Thanks

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Got my prints at Laurel PD. An hour away from me. Maybe the same for you.

Tapatalk is crashing crap

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Help a newbie on this topic please.

If you are a MD resident with a VA carry permit, does that give you a legal right to carry in MD, and other states? Or just carry while you are in VA?

Thanks in advance.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Well they aren't all the same. As an example VA resident permits are issued by County Court clerks so no background check is performed. NR permits are issued by VSP who do perform a background check. So WI only recognizes VA NR permits because they are the only ones that get a NICS check.

Just one example

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Well they aren't all the same. As an example VA resident permits are issued by County Court clerks so no background check is performed. NR permits are issued by VSP who do perform a background check. So WI only recognizes VA NR permits because they are the only ones that get a NICS check.

Just one example

My main concern is Florida lol. Why they recognize va res but not non res

Whats bad is ive had an instructor tell me my va non res would work in fl. I wanna call FSP to verify but the licensing website i believe said it.

Id love to carry and am going down in 2 weeks, but dont want to get nailed for having the wrong permit

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Florida wants your money. That's why IMO anyway.

The following states do not recognize NR permits

CO,SC,ME,NH, MI, FL

Go to handgunlaw.us to see the map.

widowman

Jul 19, 2010
    Today I received my VA non-res CHP. I guess in total it took about 3 months although the verification of information and payment received by VA State police was 1/16/2013.

The process went fairly smooth and I don't really have any complaints

Except....

Why do they make the permit so large that it won't fit in a normal wallet? With the lamination it is nearly a half inch larger, both in length and width, compared to a credit card or drivers license.

Even without the lamination it is slightly larger in length and I afraid to trim the lamination down as it may start to pull apart and appear to be altered.

Is everyone's like this?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep. And don't trim the lamination either.

Don't ask how I know.

Looks like some HS kids did this in print shop 20 years ago. College kids can make fake DL that looks better.

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    Mine only took approximately 2 months to get back from the time I mailed my application out.

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    Im attempting to get all my paperwork straight now but cannot find anyone that still does ink fingerprints anywhere close to me. Any clue to help me out. I live in Cambridge. I have tried MSP, local sheriffs office and local PD's in a small radius to Cambridge. Everyone is doing live scan and they cannot be used.

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    The email I got from the sr supervisor said that they do not accept electronic finger prints? I assumed that meant the live scan. Maybe I read into that wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom