• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I have stock standard-length Gen 2 Glocks in both Model 17 and 20 that now have factory 6" barrels available for them. Can I just buy and drop them in when additional velocity or hunting compliance length is needed or do I also need to get applicable stronger recoil springs/plungers to make up for the fact I have only standard-length slide mass to resist recoil? The extra 2" protruding past the front face of the slide would not really bother me aesthetically though I would obviously not gain the sight radius benefits of the true long slide models.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I have stock standard-length Gen 2 Glocks in both Model 17 and 20 that now have factory 6" barrels available for them. Can I just buy and drop them in when additional velocity or hunting compliance length is needed or do I also need to get applicable stronger recoil springs/plungers to make up for the fact I have only standard-length slide mass to resist recoil? The extra 2" protruding past the front face of the slide would not really bother me aesthetically though I would obviously not gain the sight radius benefits of the true long slide models.

I never had to change mine.

Any interest in a 16” barrel for the 17?
    https://www.yrsinc.com/en/barrels

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom