• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    8zHjGN9.jpg

Quick story. I had a little over $120 worth of Hilton points to blow on a knife for my birthday back in October. Ended up getting a Benchmade 580 Barrage and I love it. It's a workhorse. I had never previously owned a Benchmade knife but, after a recent experience with their customer service I'll probably buy more.

A couple of days after I got it, I had it in my pocket while half-laying/half-sitting on the sofa watching TV. When I got up, the pocket clip snagged on the cushion and I bent the living crap out of it. No big deal, right, stuff happens. Took off the bent clip and called Benchmade to order another one. I want to say that the agent I spoke with was named, 'Jennifer' and she offered to send a new deep pocket carry clip in both black and silver at no charge to me whatsoever. That's what I call standing behind your product. I think it says a lot when you're willing to pay for your customer's bonehead mistake.

And I think the clip is much cooler-looking than the one it originally came with, too.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    8zHjGN9.jpg

Quick story. I had a little over $120 worth of Hilton points to blow on a knife for my birthday back in October. Ended up getting a Benchmade 580 Barrage and I love it. It's a workhorse. I had never previously owned a Benchmade knife but, after a recent experience with their customer service I'll probably buy more.

A couple of days after I got it, I had it in my pocket while half-laying/half-sitting on the sofa watching TV. When I got up, the pocket clip snagged on the cushion and I bent the living crap out of it. No big deal, right, stuff happens. Took off the bent clip and called Benchmade to order another one. I want to say that the agent I spoke with was named, 'Jennifer' and she offered to send a new deep pocket carry clip in both black and silver at no charge to me whatsoever. That's what I call standing behind your product. I think it says a lot when you're willing to pay for your customer's bonehead mistake.

And I think the clip is much cooler-looking than the one it originally came with, too.

Benchmade customer service is the best in the business. Also the first thing I do with every new Benchmade I buy is call them and get a deep carry clip sent to me, for free. Wish they'd just make them standard.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I broke one of the omega springs on my 530 earlier this year after opening and closing it for seven years. They wouldn't send me a new one though, so I had to mail it back in. They did replace all the screws though and replaced the earlier painted pocket clip with a new chemically blackened one.

Kershaw has a great warranty too. They'll send you springs, screws, pocket clips, etc. for free. I usually ask for three springs at a time and each one lasts me 1-3 years.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    What.....they were out of the unicorn one so they sent you a butterfly? Good job! Another company that knows how to make customers happy.

LOL Never quite knew what the butterfly was all about. I assume it's Benchmade's corporate logo but, yes, I would've preferred the unicorn-with-rainbows-shooting-out of-its-butt one.

Yes, another American company that knows the value of great customer service. They've earned my business, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom