• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    It should, provided you have the bayonet lug on the bottom of the front sight post (A-Frame style). Also, make sure your muzzle device is similar to an A2 style muzzle device in diameter.

Q

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Here is what I have found on the interwebz:

IMG_0590_zps0901c393.jpg

images.jpg

bayonet-lug-position.jpg

If it is a 14.5, you should be good.

Q

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    It fits my lug but the blade doesn't stick out past the muzzle more than about 3 inches and although the lug locks, it's still rather loose around the barrel.

^^This is the result I get when putting a bayonet on a carbine length gas rifle with standard 16” barrel.

The bayonets fit a mid length gas with 16” barrel perfectly.

^^This is the result I get when putting a bayonet on a carbine length gas rifle with standard 16” barrel.

The bayonets fit a mid length gas with 16” barrel perfectly.

The only AR I own with a lug is a Colt M4 sporter. I can still affix the bayonet, and probably still use is as intended but it looks goofy so I probably won't. Maybe on my next built I will make sure I have a lug and the right length barrel and gas.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Hmm, no one makes just the lug part of the band from a fixed sight that can be pinned on in front of any gas block on a 16" bbl? Though now that I say it out loud, I guess you would need to know the diameter of the barrel in front of the gas port which likely isn't consistent. Else would have been fairly easy to just cut/grind one down from an A sight.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Hmm, no one makes just the lug part of the band from a fixed sight that can be pinned on in front of any gas block on a 16" bbl? Though now that I say it out loud, I guess you would need to know the diameter of the barrel in front of the gas port which likely isn't consistent. Else would have been fairly easy to just cut/grind one down from an A sight.

After the AWB expired, the DPMS clamp on bayonet lug was popular, but it's out of production.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...-adaptor-easy-install-heavy-barrel-arr-042.do

This one is still available.

https://cogburnarsenal.com/product/two-part-clamp-on-bayonet-lug/

There are a number of designs available if you want to fabricate your own.

https://www.stlfinder.com/3dmodels/bayonet-lug-ar-15

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Here is the bayonet on a STAG 2T carbine. It is suppsed to rest on the muzzle device, not the barrel. If you have a rifle length AR, it should be fine.

20190102_185447.jpg

Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom