• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    LAWSUIT FILED CONTESTING UNCONSTITUTIONAL BLANKET GUN BAN REGULATIONS IN DELAWARE'S PARKS, STATE FORESTS AND WILDLIFE AREAS.

The Delaware State Sportsmen's Association, the Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club and several individual citizens have joined together in a lawsuit against the Delaware Department of Natural Resources' Division of Parks and Recreation and Division of Fish and Wildlife and the Department of Agriculture's State Forest Service challenging long-standing broad-based regulations promulgated by those agencies banning the otherwise lawful possession of firearms by otherwise law-abiding citizens in Delaware's State Parks, State Forests and State Wildlife Areas.

The law suit filed today in Delaware's Court of Chancery seeks a declaration from the Court declaring those regulations as unconstitutional under Article I Section 20 of Delaware's Constitution. The suit also asks for an injunction barring further enforcement of those unconstitutional regulations.

As you will remember, Article I Section 20 of the Delaware Constitution states that "A person has the right to keep and bear arms for defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreation".

A copy of the Complaint filed in the Court of Chancery may be found here and may be read by going to the DSSA web site located at http://dssa.us

Attachments

• 18d0440a-42ac-4b8b-8367-bb4d59305965.pdf
      759.8 KB · Views: 90

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    This is intriguing to me. I have a home in Dewey/Rehoboth and for Marathon training I have to run quite a few miles and often run with an LCP in a belly band holster. The whole park rule has been annoying to me because I would like to run in the beautiful Henlopen State Park but obviously I avoid it to prevent breaking the law. Instead i just run on Rt. 1 which is a highway and slightly less than ideal.

I hope this case is successful!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom