• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    It looks like an ERPO can be submitted because you unlawfully, recklessly or negligently store your firearms. That according to part 3 on the form. I wonder who determines that? The petitioner? WOW.

Very legit question. So now if someone feels uncomfortable with the way you are storing your firearms they can come and take all of your stuff. I'm dumbfounded!

That's not going to be abused! :sarcasm:

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    The only thing I could find is "It is unlawful to store or leave a loaded firearm where a person knows or should know that an unsupervised person under 16 could gain access to it." Assuming that gun owner would store their property per the law, I don't think they would win the case.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The only thing I could find is "It is unlawful to store or leave a loaded firearm where a person knows or should know that an unsupervised person under 16 could gain access to it." Assuming that gun owner would store their property per the law, I don't think they would win the case.

True...

I know of one person ... not a Maryland resident ... who thinks it proper to leave their loaded pistol in plain view on the top of their refrigerator ... with kids in the house. That situation would likely apply in the case of this law.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    I thought I'd post up what the actual ERPO looks like. Look at the disclaimer at the bottom of page 2. Penalty of perjury and good faith all in the same sentence. What a crock....

The only part of that form that should exist is the RESET button at the bottom of the page. Reset MD back to a Constitutional State please.

attachment.php

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    True...

I know of one person ... not a Maryland resident ... who thinks it proper to leave their loaded pistol in plain view on the top of their refrigerator ... with kids in the house. That situation would likely apply in the case of this law.

Honest question here, in Maryland much of the legislation treats airsoft and bb guns as real firearms does it apply to those items as well?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Honest question here, in Maryland much of the legislation treats airsoft and bb guns as real firearms

What legislation are you referring to?

does it apply to those items as well?

No.

The ERPO law says:
    MD PSC said:
    (d) “Firearm” has the meaning stated in § 5–101 of this title.

If we look at MD PSC §5–101, it says:

MD PSC said:
    (h) (1) “Firearm” means:

(i) a weapon that expels, is designed to expel, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; or

(ii) the frame or receiver of such a weapon.

(2) “Firearm” includes a starter gun.

Neither an Airsoft nor BB gun is "a weapon that expels, is designed to expel, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive" so they are not covered by this law.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Questions 5 & 6 on that form are interesting. If the Protective/Peace orders referenced in the request had any Firearms constraints, those orders have other mechanisms for enforcement and should not, in this layperson's opinion, be used as grounds for an ERPO. I don't have the ERPO legislation memorized, so I have some research to do on what I think are overreaching issues regarding alcohol and other drugs posed in questions 7 & 8.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    So, is the Left measuring the success of this travesty by the number of actions filed?

If that's the metric, then they'll have 100% success when 100% of gun owners are disarmed.

I can hear the antis cheering and back-slapping.

How many "extreme risks" even exist at one time? Wouldn't we have heard about the blood in the streets, with an abrupt end now?

How many ERPO's are being served where the real volume of shootings take place, eg Baltimore and PG?

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    So, is the Left measuring the success of this travesty by the number of actions filed?

If that's the metric, then they'll have 100% success when 100% of gun owners are disarmed.

How many "extreme risks" even exist at one time? Wouldn't we have heard about the blood in the streets, with an abrupt end now?

How many ERPO's are being served where the real volume of shootings take place, eg Baltimore and PG?

Their goal is to disarm law abiding citizens. Criminals and Law Enforcement of course will remained armed. If they had any intention of focusing on the real problems in the inner city then they would have done so! Dan Bongino said it best back in 2013! This isn't about gun control it's about people control!

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

Yep. Read the article posted above. MoCo sheriff Popkin considers this law a great success.

I agree: if there were that many unhinged people ready to run amok, why didn't they do so already?

Me thinks the cops and/or lawyers are directing people to file for these things. "I don't want gramps in trouble, I just don't like his guns...". We see how that turned out in Glen Burnie.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Their goal is to disarm law abiding citizens. Criminals and Law Enforcement of course will remained armed. If they had any intention of focusing on the real problems in the inner city then they would have done so! Dan Bongino said it best back in 2013! This isn't about gun control it's about people control!

Yep - not only disarm, but complete control. Guns is the first step. 1A is next - see England.

Continued inner city violence is needed, wanted, by the left to justify their continued rights grabbing.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Per the interactive map in this article (https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...red-flag-law-exceed-expectations/65-616308100) - 6 in Baltimore, 16 in PG, as of 13NOV.

Here is the breakdown, as of 11/13, per that map:
    1. Harford County: 28
    2. Anne Arundel County: 26
    3. Baltimore County: 22
    4. Prince George's County: 16
    5. Montgomery County: 12
    6. Frederick County: 10
    7. Charles County: 9
    8. St Mary's County: 7
    9. Baltimore City: 6
    10. Garrett County: 6
    11. Allegany County: 5
    12. Carroll County: 5
    13. Howard County: 5
    14. Wicomico County: 5
    15. Cecil County: 3
    16. Worcester County: 3
    17. Washington County: 2
    18. Calvert County: 1
    19. Dorchester County: 1
    20. Somerset County: 1
    21. Caroline County: 0
    22. Kent County: 0
    23. Queen Anne's County: 0
    24. Talbot County: 0

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017

The real question should be "How many ERPO were filed vs How many resulted in the permanent loss of the Firearms?" Wasn't only half were granted initially out of the 118? That is not very stellar. We have to remember that the press around here is not on our side as well. I have no doubt that the sheriff is proponent of the measure, based on the county he is currently in. I see that Charles County went up only by one.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Important numbers may also be

How many guns seized.
    How much ammo seized.
    How many returned.
    Duration of confiscation.

Are any of these numbers attainable? FOIA request?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Here is the breakdown, as of 11/13, per that map:
    1. Harford County: 28
    2. Anne Arundel County: 26
    3. Baltimore County: 22
    4. Prince George's County: 16
    5. Montgomery County: 12
    6. Frederick County: 10
    7. Charles County: 9
    8. St Mary's County: 7
    9. Baltimore City: 6
    10. Garrett County: 6
    11. Allegany County: 5
    12. Carroll County: 5
    13. Howard County: 5
    14. Wicomico County: 5
    15. Cecil County: 3
    16. Worcester County: 3
    17. Washington County: 2
    18. Calvert County: 1
    19. Dorchester County: 1
    20. Somerset County: 1
    21. Caroline County: 0
    22. Kent County: 0
    23. Queen Anne's County: 0
    24. Talbot County: 0

Holy Crap! 28 issued in Harford County!? I wonder if there is a way to find out where exactly these were issued... The ghetto in Edgewood or more suburban Bel Air or more rural Whiteford.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    ...The “word on the street” was that Sen. President Mike Miller ordered the Red Flag law pushed through, or political heads would roll.

Quite believable, since we live under a constitutional monarchy in this state. MM loves to brag that he has "more guns than you' so someone should 1302 HIM and see how far it goes. I'm sure he has threatened someone in a casual conversation at one time or another.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The only part of that form that should exist is the RESET button at the bottom of the page. Reset MD back to a Constitutional State please.

attachment.php

And since it's obviously an e-form,

and this being Merryland, where the Administration is in charge of computer security,

it is reasonable to assume that if you possess a W&C and work for DoD or DOE,

the Chinese or any other even marginally competent hacking group (including K-12 classes) can 1302 said W&C holders at will and shut down the IC in the DMV...

:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom