• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Thanks for all the fast responses.

Now I guess just a bit of venting and thoughts from my feable mind.

It sounds like the only thing this bill accomplished was the new HQL and banning a bunch of "scary" rifles. Almost everything else seems like a way to cockpunch us if it comes to light we own a firearm. For instance I legally own an AR-15, have a bunch of 30 round mags and for some reason a cop finds out. It sounds like a recipe for them to punch me in the cock over and over and over with questions I'll be forced to answer for what I own legally.

Aft 10/1 we can still buy all the same hanguns as now, just without hi-cap mags, go out of MD and buy hi-cap mags and be legal. The gun dealers I've talked with say they will be able to sell pretty much any AR platform because of the "H-Bar" clause, so what was really accoplished? I don't get it. Rant Over!!

If you're worried about being questioned, I would recommend beginning a relationship with a lawyer who you could phone in the event you're ever stopped and questioned about magazines in your possession.

Ultimately, the state would have to prove you did something wrong (aka bought/sold/created the mag within the state borders) in order to arrest or confiscate without retribution. And, as you've so correctly pointed out, the law still allows you to leave the state borders, acquire pretty much whatever your grubby little hands want to fondle, and come home in perfectly legal status.

Just dont mess with (or try to sell/trade) what you bought though :)

As for the purpose of the bill? Yep, ban some sporting rifles that people think are scary, and install a licensing requirement for one of our enumerated rights.

I'll personally be keeping my eyes open for the October 1st lawsuits against licensing a right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom