• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Great job, R&R!

I just can't help but think that we need to reinforce that the need to use arms against tyranny may not arise for 50 or even 250 years, if ever at all...although it was needed and used 242 years ago, in 1776. How do we know it can happen? Because it HAS happened. No one whom we are trying to convince should believe that revolution is imminent. I do not think, nor do I foresee, that it is, and I hope and pray that it is NOT.

In a similar vein, it was this nation's policy, since the 1940's, that caused us to spend billions if not trillions of dollars researching, developing, building, testing, stockpiling and deploying, at home and abroad, a nuclear arsenal to serve as a deterrent to a nuclear attack that thus far has never come. What the future holds is anybody's guess. Care to unilaterally disarm?

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Great job, R&R!

I just can't help but think that we need to reinforce that the need to use arms against tyranny may not arise for 50 or even 250 years, if ever at all...although it was needed and used 242 years ago, in 1776. How do we know it can happen? Because it HAS happened. No one whom we are trying to convince should believe that revolution is imminent. I do not think, nor do I foresee, that it is, and I hope and pray that it is NOT.

In a similar vein, it was this nation's policy, since the 1940's, that caused us to spend billions if not trillions of dollars researching, developing, building, testing, stockpiling and deploying, and home and abroad, a nuclear arsenal to serve as a deterrent to a nuclear attack that thus far has never come. What the future holds is anybody's guess. Care to unilaterally disarm?

More recent than that we had a civil war. I’d imagine participants on both sides were glad they had arms (those who did). We lucked out/were really good that only the edge of Alaska got invaded during WWII.

Even if it is only every 250 years we get invaded, have a civil war, revolution, etc. that puts it about a 1/3 chance you may need a firearm to resist a tyrannical government (yours or another’s).

I don’t buy lotto tickets, but I’d sure as hell out some money on a 1 in 3 chance, especially when it could mean my life or my loved one’s life.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Great job, R&R!

In a similar vein, it was this nation's policy, since the 1940's, that caused us to spend billions if not trillions of dollars researching, developing, building, testing, stockpiling and deploying, and home and abroad, a nuclear arsenal to serve as a deterrent to a nuclear attack that thus far has never come. What the future holds is anybody's guess. Care to unilaterally disarm?
    A perfect analogy ... and a point that is missed by Adam Winkler, who blames the increasingly extreme language used by the National Rifle Association for the insurrectionist theory of 2A.
    "The Framers understood the right to bear arms as an individual right, but it wasn’t a right to stage a revolution," Winkler said. "The Constitution doesn’t provide the seeds for its own destruction."
    Where's my Stamp ?
    blsht.jpg

Sure, the Constitution may not specify it, but he's ignoring The Bill of Rights and Framers quotes that were captured during the writing of both, and in The Federalist Papers. What framers are Winkler talking about ?
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them." --Thomas Jefferson

Maryland's own constitution required the perversion of the ends of government and the endangering of public liberty and that all other means of redress were to no avai.

Art. 6. That all persons invested with the Legislative or Executive powers of Government are the Trustees of the Public, and, as such, accountable for their conduct: Wherefore, whenever the ends of Government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the People may, and of right ought, to reform the old, or establish a new Government; the doctrine of non-resistance against arbitrary power and oppression is absurd, slavish and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    My thanks to 2nd=Good+Substantial for finding and posting the article, and thanks to everyone who read it and commented on it.

Talking to the press is a risk, but I had a good vibe about this reporter when it came time to go on the record. I had given him a lot of historical perspectives to research, including the 1946 Battle of Athens (which the reporter had never heard of) and the situation surrounding firearm confiscation after the hurricane devastated New Orleans in 2005 (again, which the reporter was unaware of).

Just as important is this excellent comment in the USA Today story from one of my great friends in the Patriot Picket:

Hulbert's fellow Patriot Picket member Jim McGuire agreed.

"If we were close to the tipping point, these people and us, we wouldn’t be here," McGuire said. "We have the opportunity to speak our minds and have our voices heard and participate in the legislative process. It’s still working. If this place was empty, I’d be worried."

I will let him identify himself by his screen name if he wishes, but his quote is as thoughtful about our role as anyone could ask for. Bravo!

And I could not agree more with EL1227 about UCLA Criminal Justice Professor Adam Winkler, who is a blockhead. Winkler is a former cop who disliked the job and went in academia and always gets it wrong.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just as important is this excellent comment in the USA Today story from one of my great friends in the Patriot Picket:

I will let him identify himself by his screen name if he wishes, but his quote is as thoughtful about our role as anyone could ask for. Bravo!

I know who that Patriot is and yes, excellent job.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Thank you for the kind words. Just doin' my part ...
    Talking to the press is a risk, but I had a good vibe about this reporter when it came time to go on the record. I had given him a lot of historical perspectives to research, including the 1946 Battle of Athens (which the reporter had never heard of) and the situation surrounding firearm confiscation after the hurricane devastated New Orleans in 2005 (again, which the reporter was unaware of).
    It's interesting to see what made it into the final article. We camped on this reporter for two hours at the beginning of the session. The reporter's initial questions were aligned with "I'm more interested in how the 2A is applied in response to a tyrannical government." Damn. Wasn't sure if he was looking to write a hatchet-job, or was just angling for an edge that other reporters weren't exploring. Either way, I was careful to choose my words, and to emphasize that "we aren't anywhere near 'tyranny.' "

Initially, it was me with an Annapolis first-timer. Rack showed up, then another PP member, then a couple more. I believe it was 6-on-1 at the end, and I was completely pleased with the coherent message we provided, and the professional and knowledgeable presentation. No screechy emotional diatribes from the Patriot Picket.

Well done, everyone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom