Cecil County to “look into” restricting discharging of firearms on private property!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Is the rule in most MD counties still just shoot at least 150 yards from the nearest neighbor's house?

Occupied dwelling. Technically if you knew your neighbors weren’t home you could shoot 50 feet from their house if you weren’t on their property.

Or written permission.

To be safe, basically ANY structure you can’t shoot within 150yds or unless you have permission. So if they’ve got a shed near the property line, don’t shoot within 150yds of it (150yds is where you are located, where your target is located and where the bullets pass through).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I though state pre-emption was what nullified the MoCo and Annapolis City ammo purchase laws

Yes, but the law specifically allows the counties to regulate when, where and how firearms may be discharged.

So good luck on defeating things like HoCos 300yd safety zone for firearms when hunting (it is 150 if in a tree stand or shotgun loaded with shot). Or needing an approved range that inspections and planning has signed off on (the HoCo law has in it what you need, it is like a 20 foot high backstop, several feet thick with dense planted evergreens 100yds deep to the sides and behind the back stop).

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I cannot stand horse people!!! My neighbors have those things as lawn ornaments, They had the audacity to ask me to stop splitting firewood as their precious "petuna" was traumatized by the sound of the splitter. I was like nope,go away.
    Haha thats a new one. Some of those people truly are insane. We have horses, my biggest problem has been them attempting to eat the hot brass that lands in the pasture (not the brightest animals).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom