• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think... it sound's like... why can't they just come out and say what someone did and give the instructions as to how to follow their guidelines? Why do it in riddles?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The law didn't change when MSP implemented the Eportal system. MSP still cannot prevent a dealer from releasing the firearm after 7 days if the Not Disapproved has not been received from MSP.

The sticky wicket is does MSP transport the NCN to the dealer ahd of the Not Disapproved email? I haven't bought a gun since this thing was implemented. The 4473 cannot be completed without the NCN.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Honestly this advisory is as clear as the harbor.

I have no idea what they mean. It could mean for example, dealers must complete the 77r before they do the 4473 (why the order matters, who knows, this is the MSP). I find it hard to believe dealers are not filling out the 77r and submitting it, but it could mean that too. Could mean that some dealers are not completing the 77r until a few days after the transfer... because "Saturdays are ultra busy and the system is slow".... which would be a no-no. So it could be a reminder that the 77r must be completed before handing over the gun.

I do know that in the portal user guide, there are a number of incorrect things. For example, after you pay the $10 you do not get confirmation that the app was submitted. You only get a confirmation when you start the app, and when you get the not disapproved.

The fact that dealers can release after 7 days regardless of MSP inaction has already been litigated, and MSP lost in 2013.

What we need is an advisory to correct and clarify the advisory.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If a State Police Officer is reading please chime in , or even a Brian Frosh Rep......................................................... ;-O

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    If you you select "Print Application" during the 7 day wait period the Nics check shows on the application on the day that it is done. I just had a purchase on black Friday 11/24 that the Nics check showed up on the application on 11/28 and I got my email on 12/1 as expected. I purposely checked every day because I noticed on another application that the Nics was done a couple of days before the wait period was over.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 4.22.00 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 4.22.00 PM.png
      5.5 KB · Views: 463

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Just wait for the 77r site to go down and nobody can do any purchases or transfers of regulated firearms.

Also, where in the statues does it say that the the 77r site is the only way to process paperwork.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I think... it sound's like... why can't they just come out and say what someone did and give the instructions as to how to follow their guidelines? Why do it in riddles?

Agreed, sounds like the Joker wrote that Advisory!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I wonder if they are top heavy, and some overpaid administrator has to periodically cough up one of these edicts to justify keeping their position? :shrug: Just a thought from someone in middle management :innocent0

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I wonder if they are top heavy, and some overpaid administrator has to periodically cough up one of these edicts to justify keeping their position? :shrug: Just a thought from someone in middle management :innocent0

Last I checked there were about 70 people assigned to the MSP Licensing Division. For quite some time I have been saying with a near complete absence of leadership by Superintendent Pallozzi the defacto “commander” and actual decision maker at the LD is Assistant Attorney General Mark H. Bowen aka Mr. Snowden Scherr. ;)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Last I checked there were about 70 people assigned to the MSP Licensing Division. For quite some time I have been saying with a near complete absence of leadership by Superintendent Pallozzi the defacto “commander” and actual decision maker at the LD is Assistant Attorney General Mark H. Bowen aka Mr. Snowden Scherr. ;)

Bowen is up and out; Hogan made him a judge.

There were 2 or 3 AAG's, I have not heard whether a replacement for Bowen has been appointed or whether they are just running short at the senior staff level. I have noticed the one of the other AAG's with a pile of seniority has been taking advantage of a lot of vacation time recently along with dealing with a major personal problem at home.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Bowen is up and out; Hogan made him a judge.

There were 2 or 3 AAG's, I have not heard whether a replacement for Bowen has been appointed or whether they are just running short at the senior staff level. I have noticed the one of the other AAG's with a pile of seniority has been taking advantage of a lot of vacation time recently along with dealing with a major personal problem at home.

Source? Have not seen this anywhere and a search comes up dry. Hoping this a bad joke. But if true at least he isn’t still running the LD.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Imagine the damage he can do as a judge!

As AAG he was an employee doing a job under direct supervision. He has no history as an independent judge. If Hogan appointed him knowing his personal politics are the same as his work production we are in worse position than anyone thinks.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Sounds like I'm glad I left that leftist commie hellhole police state for Free America. I do a 4473, hand them my carry permit, pay and walk out with my gun. No NICS, no 77R and no MSP BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom