Well-stocked gun shops in Fairfax County or Alexandria?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    I rarely go over to Virginia, but I am meeting an old buddy there for lunch next week in the general vicinity of Springfield Mall. Any store recommendations I should browse?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I rarely go over to Virginia, but I am meeting an old buddy there for lunch next week in the general vicinity of Springfield Mall. Any store recommendations I should browse?

Not the best prices but Sharpshooters is not too far from the mall. They generally have a decent selection of mags etc.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Sharpshooters is a decent place, nice people, but its sort of a small shop... not what I would call well stocked. I worked just down the road from there for around 10 years and visited occasionally, but haven't been in several years.

I do remember that they kept a full selection of bagged 1911 internal parts on the shelf (wilson combat, I believe), so if you need something of that sort they may be worth a trip. Being in VA, plenty of properly sized mags, as rouchna said, and decent selection of holsters.

If you're into army/navy surplus type stores there's also Full Metal Jacket. No firearms, just uniforms, canteens, bayonets, belts, boots, (sometimes) ammo cans, etc.

Full Metal Jacket, LLC
    2379 S Dove St, Alexandria, VA 22314
    (703) 683-3795

https://goo.gl/maps/kCNwzkBaMGL2

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Sharpshooters also has miscellaneous AR parts, which has helped me quite a few times when pins and springs make a bid for freedom. There's a 5.11 store nearby, in case you needed some tactical clothing, too.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Maybe a bit to far south, Quantico Tactical or whatever they're calling themselves now. Not a lot of guns but plenty of mags, etc. Near the Potomac Mills mall.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Maybe a bit to far south, Quantico Tactical or whatever they're calling themselves now. Not a lot of guns but plenty of mags, etc. Near the Potomac Mills mall.

There is no more Quantico Tactical.

The original location in Quantico closed some time ago... the one near Potomac Mills transitioned to another chain called Proven Arms and Outfitters, and their reviews have taken a serious nosedive.

Based on a quick glance, 50% of the reviews less than a year old are 1 star. May be ok for accessories but don't think I would buy a firearm or have one serviced there, at least until they figure out WTH they are doing.

Its a shame... they used to be a decent shop. (Both locations).

Proven Arms & Outfitters (formerly Quantico Tactical)
    13329 Worth Ave, Woodbridge, VA 22192
    (703) 910-7683

https://goo.gl/maps/PZz9g2eUhaK2

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom